Big game Seth

ntmeangreen11

39 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

2017: FAU 69, UNT 31, CCG: FAU 41 UNT 17, Bowl: Troy 50 UNT 30

2018: Bowl: Utah State 52 UNT 13

2019: Two 20+ point losses to Houston and SMU.

2020: SMU 65-35, UTSA curb stomping us before half, likely to be a blowout barring a miracle.

We don't just lose every big game, we get our asses handed to us.

It’s not just Seth. He is bearing the weight of a long-time NT curse lol. There is a lot of evidence that the new talent will start turning this around next year.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, greenminer said:

It’s not just Seth. He is bearing the weight of a long-time NT curse lol. There is a lot of evidence that the new talent will start turning this around next year.

I WANT to believe. I truly do. This is my team through the good and (mostly) bad years. My liver wants to believe.

But we are still a broken record of a team. We are the Canon D minor of football teams, everytime we think we have a new spin on it, it's just Pachelbel all over again.

Will gladly eat crow next year if I'm wrong. And I want to be wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, BillySee58 said:

Yeah only a fraction of our fanbase follows recruiting anywhere near as close as they follow the actual team, so I get it. If you don’t, when you see the struggles it’s like Groundhog Day. Heck, even if you do it kind of feels that way. But this is different.

Littrell won those games, he built up the recruiting momentum, and he capitalized by signing better classes than we’ve seen since recruiting has really been tracked online. Firing him before those guys become upperclassmen would be counterproductive. Good chance we’d see a lot of our talent transfer with a one-time sit-out free transfer rule coming, and those good recruits we got would likely decommit. And the recruiting perception of UNT would likely go back to square one with HS coaches thinking it’s a losing program where the coach is destined to be fired rather than hired away. Long story short, we really want Littrell to work out and he’s about to get a shot with the best roster in terms of top-down talent he’s had.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, BillySee58 said:

We signed 3 defensive line commits last class who all had multiple offers from P5 conference schools. The 4th d-linemen from last class is starting as a true Freshman (Tashoyn Johnson). O-line recruiting hasn’t been impressive but we just landed a transfer from Oklahoma State and got a commit from a high school offensive linemen who had offers from 4 different P5 conference schools. It is coming along on the lines, but even more importantly, I think, is the way our line has looked much improved under Mike Bloesch. He really seems to have the group playing well together and looks like he’s getting the most out of what we have.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:54 PM, BillySee58 said:

I think this will be the mindset when Littrell wins a bowl game or conference championship game here. That he “figured things out.” When it reality it will be because the years of top recruiting classes will have given him a better roster than what he had when he was losing those games.

@Pavlovs Eagle

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

2017: FAU 69, UNT 31, CCG: FAU 41 UNT 17, Bowl: Troy 50 UNT 30

2018: Bowl: Utah State 52 UNT 13

2019: Two 20+ point losses to Houston and SMU.

2020: SMU 65-35, UTSA curb stomping us before half, likely to be a blowout barring a miracle.

We don't just lose every big game, we get our asses handed to us.

Hint...one of those teams listed is not a big game opponent for us, no matter how much they disagree...

That said, your point  remains. He sucks without the Graham Harrell/Mason Fine combo, even if we pay him like he should be.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

3 hours ago, Udomann said:

I WANT to believe. I truly do. This is my team through the good and (mostly) bad years. My liver wants to believe.

But we are still a broken record of a team. We are the Canon D minor of football teams, everytime we think we have a new spin on it, it's just Pachelbel all over again.

Will gladly eat crow next year if I'm wrong. And I want to be wrong.

We are not the Pachelbel's Canon of football. Pachelbel was very relevant composer in his day, and his Canon in D minor has remained relevant for more than 300 years. We haven't been relevant in C-USA in a few seasons now. Sadly, nothing I'm seeing from Littrell is changing my opinion.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

After reading these last two posts, I guess we kicked UTSA’s ass at music today, so we got that going for us...

Their halftime show on video was so bad. Sounded awful with the speakers, and it probably is terrible in real life.

Maybe a top 300 band in NCAA lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1