Why can’t our football program be like our basketball program?

meangreen11

55 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

I love what McCasland has done with basketball and just wish I felt the same about UNT football and other UNT programs.  Thoughts?

Where to start?

McCasland appears to be an excellent coach. 

However, the soccer program is the most successful program at NT.  Softball is great and should get even better.  Volleyball also is very strong.  

It is time for Mitchell to have the ladies basketball in a championship race.  Played very short-handed last year, but look good and deep this year.   

As far as football, lets wait till season end to fully evaluate.  Their start was disappointing, but they may end strong.  I can't imaginee Littrell not getting at least another year. 

Swimming and diving is at best mediocre.  Tennis and Men's Golf are competitive. Women's golf is very good. 

Overall, I think NT sports is as good as it has ever been.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

Littrell has the football program headed in the right direction. We are starting to get some serious impact play from young players on this roster who were part of elite recruiting classes, who are being followed by more elite recruiting classes. Littrell is a good coach, he has won a lot of games here already, and this is the best state our roster has been in, top to bottom, since he got here.

Mccasland is special. He might be one of the best coaches we’ve ever had at North Texas. I really think he either ends up coaching a high major program or turns us into a perennial elite mid major program.

Littrell is a good coach, but Mccasland is just a step above that and that’s not an indictment on Littrell.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Won games???

Based on his previous posts, I was assuming he was referring to football, but I wanted to be sure. If this is true then I would say so has Littrell. It is easier to flip a roster with 13 players to than one with 85. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Mccasland is special. He might be one of the best coaches we’ve ever had at North Texas. I really think he either ends up coaching a high major program or turns us into a perennial elite mid major program.

I think Grant likes it here as a mid major.  Family ties to the area.  If he leaves, it won’t be a questionable move. It will be one for a high profile brand with loads of money.

• Upvote 1