Prepare for a nightmare this season

emmitt01

My wife attempted to buy our family of 5 tickets for tonight’s game.  The meangreensports.com website would only allow you to buy in groups of 4, but recommended calling the ticket office.  So, I did and bought five seats in 106.  

When we arrived we found our seats and sat down.  They have the seats that you are allowed to sit in marked with white bands around them, but 3 out of my 5 seats didn’t have the little bands.  

First, an athletic department employee came over to look at my tickets...and confirmed that I was in the right place.  Then, one of the CSC people came over and looked at my tickets...then told me that, even though I possessed tickets for the seats I was in, the lack of a white band meant my family couldn’t sit there.  If not for the same athletic department employee that I had already talked to being nearby, I fear we would have had quite the stand off.

I fear this will be an ongoing thing...so be prepared.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Like Southside Guy, I saw a lot of white bands.  If each band represents a season ticket, we have sold a lot to tickets.  

The atmosphere is different.  No band, no cheerleaders and no dancers.  The 2 teams are on the side opposite the press box and they are spaced far apart.  There is no halftime entertainment and we are in a different area code from our nearest Mean Green fan.  I used to park on Highland St and walk through the tunnel.  No more.  Now, we park in lot 27 and enter on the east side and walk 180 degrees to our seats.  

The CUSA Conference banner was hoisted last night.  That was cool.  We need more laundry in the rafters.  

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2020 at 9:37 AM, greenjoe said:

Like Southside Guy, I saw a lot of white bands.  If each band represents a season ticket, we have sold a lot to tickets.  

The atmosphere is different.  No band, no cheerleaders and no dancers.  The 2 teams are on the side opposite the press box and they are spaced far apart.  There is no halftime entertainment and we are in a different area code from our nearest Mean Green fan.  I used to park on Highland St and walk through the tunnel.  No more.  Now, we park in lot 27 and enter on the east side and walk 180 degrees to our seats.  

The CUSA Conference banner was hoisted last night.  That was cool.  We need more laundry in the rafters.  

GO MEAN GREEN

The unknown commodity, ie, the UNT students, will determine if we have good attendance …or…outstanding attendance this Saturday afternoon.  (Do they know there is free food at high noon at the Super Pit)?

☘️ I think some in Denton have not yet factored in the Covid scare of the last 2 seasons for UNT basketball attendance. It’s still real to so many out there. I’ve taken every CV shot available & even had Sister Evangeline of the Big Easy bless a look-alike doll just for me (& to throw a curse on any school that has Bulldogs as their mascot).🙄(Just kiddin’—La Techsters, just kiddin’)🤓

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 1