Women Season Opener vs. Tarleton State

BillySee58

Anyone know why Thompson; who started last year and Owens; who I thought would start did not play?

Good start for the ladies, lots of depth.  Noble looks like a big surprise, I didn't expect that kind of performance.  Lampkin had a great start to her college career.

Competition gets a lot tougher with away game against Texas, Sunday.   Not counting NT out even though the Longhorns beat SMU 90-51 tonight.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

I was in attendance and the beginning had me worried. Overall a lot of simple mental errors that can be fixed. Noble and Boyd took control, but also had more of the turnovers and bad shot selections. 

I did not see Callie Owens on the bench, so that was very strange. Maybe Covid? 

Hoping they can stay in it with Texas like last year in Hawaii, and if they can make the open shots and clean up the silly mistakes, they should be able to hang in.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I was in attendance and the beginning had me worried. Overall a lot of simple mental errors that can be fixed. Noble and Boyd took control, but also had more of the turnovers and bad shot selections. 

I did not see Callie Owens on the bench, so that was very strange. Maybe Covid? 

Hoping they can stay in it with Texas like last year in Hawaii, and if they can make the open shots and clean up the silly mistakes, they should be able to hang in.

Thanks

It is not wise to put too much weight on any early game, but maybe this is the year that Mitchell's team can put it all together.   

Last year, she was just too short-handed with the injuries and number of ineligible transfers. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Thanks

It is not wise to put too much weight on any early game, but maybe this is the year that Mitchell's team can put it all together.   

Last year, she was just too short-handed with the injuries and number of ineligible transfers. 

Yeah the depth was so thin, but I think Coach Mitchell got herself a squad! I'm really excited for the OSU game because I know they can win it. 

• Upvote 1