#UTSAHateWeek

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Some stuff I thought I’d share because of #UTSAHateWeek

14BEEEDA-3B8B-4D74-AC8B-F131D979A560.jpeg

2E7D9752-9689-41E4-A39E-A054B74C7981.jpeg

I think Hate Week is a thing between UTSA and Texas State. But, our players hate them, and Wren has insulted them. I hate to lose to them. While many long time posters on this board refuse to acknowledge the animosity between our programs, it certainly exists. I call this annual game the Hate Bowl, and we have won the last three in a row.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

I think Hate Week is a thing between UTSA and Texas State. But, our players hate them, and Wren has insulted them. I hate to lose to them. While many long time posters on this board refuse to acknowledge the animosity between our programs, it certainly exists. I call this annual game the Hate Bowl, and we have won the last three in a row.

Well we should be considering utsa as a rival since we win against smu once every 4 years... utsa games are almost always crazy and very close, and I don't think we've had a close game against smu since 2006.

My point is, they should be our 2nd rival no question. They are also a complete joke of a school, so it makes it better.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well we should be considering utsa as a rival since we win against smu once every 4 years... utsa games are almost always crazy and very close, and I don't think we've had a close game against smu since 2006.

My point is, they should be our 2nd rival no question. They are also a complete joke of a school, so it makes it better.

Do we want to be associated with a complete joke of a school/glorified JUCO as our rival? They are just another CUSA West team

• Upvote 4

Their Wikipedia page identifies Texas State as UTSA's rival. 

UTSA Roadrunners football - Wikipedia

If you read the page you will see that it states "The teams was first played in 2012 as conference foes..." and further states that "In total the two squads have met on the gridiron three times with UTSA holding a 4–0 lead in the series...".

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Their Wikipedia page identifies Texas State as UTSA's rival. 

UTSA Roadrunners football - Wikipedia

If you read the page you will see that it states "The teams was first played in 2012 as conference foes..." and further states that "In total the two squads have met on the gridiron three times with UTSA holding a 4–0 lead in the series...".

So, food chain is something like:

TX State > UTSA > UNT > SMU > TCU > UT > OU ?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So, food chain is something like:

TX State > UTSA > UNT > SMU > TCU > UT > OU ?

Kinda sorta yeah.  I def hate OU, SMU and Texas so you may be onto something.  Soft spot for the Frogs though.  Either way, beat Sack and move on from this silly Walmart “rivalry”.  Bigger fish to fry. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Bite your tongue, sir ... North Texas beat SMU in 2014 and 2018.

• Upvote 3