Quick look at UTSA vs USM

RBP79

Just now, golfingomez said:

except that USM smoked us about two months ago 3 weeks after they had fired their coach

I’m gonna give some excuses here. 
We were limited on both sides of the ball, USM was extremely motivated since their coach was fired the week before, and we didn’t really have the momentum that we have now. 
We really should’ve won that game, but it was our 3rd and we weren’t really in sync like we are now.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’m gonna give some excuses here. 
We were limited on both sides of the ball, USM was extremely motivated since their coach was fired the week before, and we didn’t really have the momentum that we have now. 
We really should’ve won that game, but it was our 3rd and we weren’t really in sync like we are now.

Phil Hartman yes GIF

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

This is UTSA’s Super Bowl. This will be a good measuring stick game for us. Road game against a team that hates you immensely. We have kept them down since SL got here. If we don’t want to get passed by again, we need to win down there. And I think we will.

A must win if we want to hit our goals this year, but our super bowl?? I dont think so.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

16 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Yeah, you being here and posting it’s not your SB is really believable. 

ok... what about all other schools?  I also read through their boards, guess they are all rivalries, which is kinds true.  either way, about the game.... Im not sure we win this.  at the moment, if you stop the run game, you have a good shot at winning.  Passing game just cant find a way to always be a threat.  Also, winning this game gives us a decent shot at the west depending on UAB and it just seems like UNT will be able to revenge the 2013 game in the same way.  I hope not, but kinda feels like it.

16 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

ok... what about all other schools?  I also read through their boards, guess they are all rivalries, which is kinds true.  either way, about the game.... Im not sure we win this.  at the moment, if you stop the run game, you have a good shot at winning.  Passing game just cant find a way to always be a threat.  Also, winning this game gives us a decent shot at the west depending on UAB and it just seems like UNT will be able to revenge the 2013 game in the same way.  I hope not, but kinda feels like it.

Legit question for you. Are UTSA good or just lucky? Barring the UTEP win (UTEP is still UTEP), every win has been by a touchdown or less, especially against garbage teams. Also, why is your team so inconsistent, playing up to good teams but playing down to bad teams? 

40 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Legit question for you. Are UTSA good or just lucky? Barring the UTEP win (UTEP is still UTEP), every win has been by a touchdown or less, especially against garbage teams. Also, why is your team so inconsistent, playing up to good teams but playing down to bad teams? 

Wish I knew the answer to that.  QB play is all over the place.  Frank just isnt as accurate as we had hoped.  Adkins can really spread the ball, but then broke his collar bone.  hes back now, but is showing as second string.  Really seems like we play to the level of our competition.  With BYU, I would say there was some luck in there.  Possibly LA tech too.  also had bad luck with the likes of Army.  Feels both ways.