Unsung Contributors

UNTLifer

I thought the following had excellent games although they haven’t really been singled out. 

Cam Johnson

Larry Nixon III

Jordan Brown: inserted for one play when Nixon got dinged. Read the play and hammered the Rice player. 

Austin Ogunmakin 

K D Davis

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I thought the following had excellent games although they haven’t really been singled out. 

Cam Johnson

Larry Nixon III

Jordan Brown: inserted for one play when Nixon got dinged. Read the play and hammered the Rice player. 

Austin Ogunmakin 

K D Davis

Nixon flashed several times yesterday. He’s definitely getting better with all the game experience.

• Upvote 1

Ogunmakin had some really bad drops in the first quarter, but wow did he make up for those!

Completely destroyed that DB.

Also, KD had some huge hits. He was flying all over the field and contributed a ton since Nixon got dinged and Davis is injured.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty said:

Ogunmakin really played well the 2nd half. He had a couple of passes in the first half that he should have caught. 
I thought #61 Anterrious Gray played well. There were several plays he had his guy down on the turf.

His improvement from the beginning of the year to now is fun to watch.

The closing speed of some of our LB's yesterday was pretty significant and a sign that they are past the "thinking" stage of the new system and are now just reading and reacting.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, UNTLifer said:

His improvement from the beginning of the year to now is fun to watch.

The closing speed of some of our LB's yesterday was pretty significant and a sign that they are past the "thinking" stage of the new system and are now just reading and reacting.

hence why i think we are seeing such drastic improvement with the Defense.  They are just now getting our of Spring ball and summer camp repetitions 

• Upvote 2

Daizion Carroll #78  Playing guard has been solid.  In all the games I have watched he has good foot work and is normally able to progress to his secondary block.  He is a sophomore(r) and is from what I understand not afraid or the weight room. He is at 307 this year and I bet he will be 325 by the time next year rolls around. He played in all 12 games last year as a freshman(r) and has earned a starting spot.  I have seen him take a play or two off but for the most part is always in the mix.  I am happy we have him for a few more years.

• Upvote 4