Rice game thread

outoftown

2 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Win at least two more games and we go 5-4 and probably get a bowl invite.  Win the next three and we win the west and go to the conference championship.  Unless I am mistaken...........

GO MEAN GREEN
WIN GAMES!!!

We were talking about that at the game.  Right now UAB has one conference loss and we have no way to give them another one.  If we can get through UTSA and LT to get to 4-2, we should play @ UAB instead of @UTEP on Dec 12.  That would be a winner-take-all game for the Western Division (if UAB wins through also).

Hopefully WB is all over the conference office on this.

• Upvote 1

In the post game recap. It was mentioned that our make up game with UTEP was set to be played in Midland. Is that true? If so, can we play @ UAB instead? North Texas shouldn't have to play this game at a high school stadium in Midland, when we already offered to host the game. Plus, UAB is a more respected team right now, and a game against them would probably stand a better chance of getting televised. That's my take anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think we need to play UTEP their fans think that we chicken out of playing them because they knew they would beat us.  Play them beat them and shut them up.

This. And show their coach and President that no one is willingly going to take a forfeit loss against them. I want to play them. The way we are rolling right now, we are going to whoop that ass. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

We were talking about that at the game.  Right now UAB has one conference loss and we have no way to give them another one.  If we can get through UTSA and LT to get to 4-2, we should play @ UAB instead of @UTEP on Dec 12.  That would be a winner-take-all game for the Western Division (if UAB wins through also).

Hopefully WB is all over the conference office on this.

Give UTEP the finger twice in one season?  Interesting. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

why do we open every game with the same three runs up the middle?  I would thing by now a play action might catch a team off guard.  

First 3 UNT offensive plays by opponent:

HBU: pass, run, pass

SMU: run, run, QB run

USM: run, run, run

CLT: pass, pass, run

MTSU: pass, pass, pass

Rice: run, run, pass

My analysis is we always win when our third play is a pass and always lose when our third play is a run.  😉

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

First 3 UNT offensive plays by opponent:

HBU: pass, run, pass

SMU: run, run, QB run

USM: run, run, run

CLT: pass, pass, run

MTSU: pass, pass, pass

Rice: run, run, pass

My analysis is we always win when our third play is a pass and always lose when our third play is a run.  😉

#analytics

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Felt good to see the guys win after such a depressing start. i hope this defense is for real and not just 'Rice good'

It'd be nice to see Bean take some shots downfield now and then.

The defense started showing signs of life in the second half against the MUTS, so hopefully this is a trend in the right direction.

Bean is a freakish athlete and is fast as hell but when it comes to throwing the football I just don't see his talent there. He is all over the place and doesn't seem to have much accuracy. I know each QB has his positives and Negatives but I feel like Bean cant stretch the field in the passing game like Aune can.

I feel like if the defense stacks the box and eliminates the run, we're screwed 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 3

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I know each QB has his positives and Negatives but I feel like Bean cant stretch the field in the passing game like Aune can.

I feel like if the defense stacks the box and eliminates the run, we're screwed 

Instead of thinking, "what if they do this?" how about, "we are finding out who we are [running team], and the defense is coming around."

Bean has won two in a row and has a major part of two historic offensive outputs in the same season.  Let's just ride this train as far as it'll go.

• Upvote 4

On 11/21/2020 at 8:27 PM, Marty said:

schedule says Dec. 3 at 5pm for La Tech game. 

You are correct, I asked at the ticket office when I picked up bb tickets.  5pm on Thursday, oh well with no fans in the stands this year I guess it does not matter.   I was surprised at all the rice fans at the last game.  They draw better than SMUT.

• Upvote 2