Spring League Football

DeepGreen

Not sure if it’s live or a replay but FS1 is broadcasting a Spring League Football game.  The Generals vs The Blues.  Live player mikes being used.  Hey, at least it’s football.  I looked up the teams and saw where Jordan Murray(Alphas), and E.J. Ejiya(Aviators) play in the League.  I think someone posted this info on a previous thread.

Oh, the game is being played in the AlamoDome with that ugly bird head on the 50 yard line.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure this league will be the answer but at some point you would think a developmental league that is supported by the NFL is going to happen. Highschool football is becoming more and more like the AAU BB with the "Academies" and Private schools that are solely sports related. There are a lot of potential players who would probably opt out of college in a heartbeat if they had a viable option. 

• Upvote 1

Based on their schedule, last night would have wrapped up the regular season and the championship is scheduled for 12/2.

https://www.thespringleague.com/?page_id=5732

EDIT: Actually, they tweeted out yesterday that they were cancelling their Week 4 games.

Edited by UNTLifer

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Yes a tweet by us would be easy to do. Yes the entire department is in the busiest, most important day of the year (NSD).

Not a card I would have played, Mr. Murray but you do you.

Yeah, very odd thing to throw shade on UNT because no one knew about his super secret tiny Super Bowl

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes, UNT showed no love but for four years they housed you and provided you with an education.  If it were not for the “love” UNT gave you, holding that teeny, tiny trophy might not have happened. 

Have you learned to block those defensive ends yet?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Maybe let’s not completely attack one of our own? I get what he is saying to an extent. They congratulated players signing Norwegian basketball contracts (or whatever) so he may have expected some love and was frustrated. Probably wrapped up in his moment and not thinking it through about NSD being the dominant story. Hopefully the AD does a tweet recognizing his accomplishment and that EJ was also in the final. 

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Maybe let’s not completely attack one of our own? I get what he is saying to an extent. They congratulated players signing Norwegian basketball contracts (or whatever) so he may have expected some love and was frustrated. Probably wrapped up in his moment and not thinking it through about NSD being the dominant story. Hopefully the AD does a tweet recognizing his accomplishment and that EJ was also in the final. 

Exactly.    My comment wasn't meant to chide him.  Just an observation.   
But wow, some of y'all really came out to cannibalize him.  Sheesh!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Exactly.    My comment wasn't meant to chide him.  Just an observation.   
But wow, some of y'all really came out to cannibalize him.  Sheesh!

Yep, one of our own people want to bury them, but if he had 100% committed to us in recruiting, and then backed out they would been wishing him the best.🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I don't think anyone is canibalizing him, just pointing out that in the grand scheme of things, this isn't something to really get up in arms about.  Maybe they just forgot since it's been so busy lately.  Did anyone in the athletic department know he was in the league?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

He was still raging about it this morning and tried to get EJ enraged with him. I get it, you accomplished something and want to be recognized for it, but come on. You of all people should know that NSD is one of the biggest days of the year for any athletic department, and let's be real, how many people really knew this game was being played? Hopefully you'll get yours but no reason to throw that much shade at your school. That is not a good look. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don't think anyone is canibalizing him, just pointing out that in the grand scheme of things, this isn't something to really get up in arms about.  Maybe they just forgot since it's been so busy lately.  Did anyone in the athletic department know he was in the league?

Did he act like an ass, yes.

But with the limited number of former players who have played at any level after they left they should know. Hopefully our athletic department reaches out and they clear the air

• Upvote 2