No QB coach, no problem

jdennis82

This is the part that stands out the most to me.  Gotta wonder where we could be if McCarney didn’t think like a dinosaur...

”It’s a serendipitous return to Denton for Evans, a native of the area whom McCarney’s staff did not recruit out of Sanger High School.

“They told me I was too short and if I wanted to play there I could come walk on,” he said.

Evans signed with Tulsa. He is now the Golden Hurricane’s all-time leading passer.”

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This is the part that stands out the most to me.  Gotta wonder where we could be if McCarney didn’t think like a dinosaur...

”It’s a serendipitous return to Denton for Evans, a native of the area whom McCarney’s staff did not recruit out of Sanger High School.

“They told me I was too short and if I wanted to play there I could come walk on,” he said.

Evans signed with Tulsa. He is now the Golden Hurricane’s all-time leading passer.”

Yet we signed McNulty who was smaller.  McCarney was nothing but a carnival barker.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Just came here to post the same. Infuriating. 2014 with Evans would have looked a lot different. 
Oh the other hand, maybe there is no Mason Fine in that alternate reality. 🤔

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Just came here to post the same. Infuriating. 2014 with Evans would have looked a lot different. 
Oh the other hand, maybe there is no Mason Fine in that alternate reality. 🤔

....so then maybe we would have had a conference title or Bowl game win on the books.  I'll take that any day over gaudy stats. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, emmitt01 said:

They have yet to Contact Sanger 2022 Rylan Smart. Sister throws on the Women's Track and Field team currently, and is being courted by larger schools.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, LBKtoDent said:

They have yet to Contact Sanger 2022 Rylan Smart. Sister throws on the Women's Track and Field team currently, and is being courted by larger schools.

Looks like he is courting "larger schools."

https://247sports.com/player/rylan-smart-46114264/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Maybe one of these days they will do a highlight film showing the QB threading the needle (multiple times) over the middle on 3rd down to keep a drive going, rather than a long pitch and catch to a receiver that has badly beaten a DB who will never make even make honorable mention all district as a DB.

One time I saw a highlight reel for Manzel and my first response to the highlight was "who the hell is #25, that guy makes him look great!"

Edited by SilverEagle