F-in bye weeks.

outoftown

NT has never been particularly good coming out of bye weeks. What was Wren thinking when he scheduled 2(!) of those suckers this year ?!? Nothing good ever happens after a bye week.

After the first one we didn't win a game for four weeks. Then, just as the team had righted itself and beat MTSU- another bye week comes along. F-in bye weeks. You are on a roll, and then you just go and give people time to fall sick or injure themselves. Bye-week, and what happens? NT doesn't win a game for at least two weeks after. 

Next year lets have em play 12 games in 12 weeks. If there is a bye week scheduled already, find a way to play at Hawaii in order to fill it.

Just to say as i am not sure everyone got it... it was a joke.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, outoftown said:

NT has never been particularly good coming out of bye weeks. What was Wren thinking when he scheduled 2(!) of those suckers this year ?!? Nothing good ever happens after a bye week.

After the first one we didn't win a game for four weeks. Then, just as the team had righted itself and beat MTSU- another bye week comes along. F-in bye weeks. You are on a roll, and then you just go and give people time to fall sick or injure themselves. Bye-week, and what happens? NT doesn't win a game for at least two weeks after. 

Next year lets have em play 12 games in 12 weeks. If there is a bye week scheduled already, find a way to play at Hawaii in order to fill it.

What the heck are we doing that is wrong? SMU has been playing games and we are sitting on our butts not doing anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, UNTLifer said:

Please expand on this. I would love to know your thoughts. 

When a organization fails we can make all the excuses in the world. But the old saying is still true..."The buck stops here" in regards to leadership and responsibility. Course in this day no one wants to take responsibility for failure. I find it interesting that there are programs that apparently are more disciplined and playing every weekend. Just my opinion...

• Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

When a organization fails we can make all the excuses in the world. But the old saying is still true..."The buck stops here" in regards to leadership and responsibility. Course in this day no one wants to take responsibility for failure. I find it interesting that there are programs that apparently are more disciplined and playing every weekend. Just my opinion...

You sound like a baby

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

And how is that? I guess your comment towards my opinion is mature?? Oh I forget you are probably intolerant of others opinions.

Just read what you are insinuating and accusing the Administration of.  Nobody owes you a football season pal.  They are busting their asses and spending money hand over foot.  30 cases active in the programs and you are over here on GMG trying to say they have failed leadership at the helm because you don't get to see little Jimmy run the ball on Saturdays.  Get over yourself.

Are these “bye” weeks contributing to the growing COVID cases on the team?  I’m listening to the coaches show from when the UTEP postponement was announced.  Seth was asked how it affects the schedule for the week.  I might be stating the obvious, but it results in some off time that the team would not have normally had.  What are the players doing with their off time?  Idle hands...

On 11/7/2020 at 1:27 PM, outoftown said:

Just to say as i am not sure everyone got it... it was a joke.

I may be wrong but conference schedules are "assigned." I don't think athletic directors have any say whatsoever. The league throws the games into a computer and it generates a schedule from what I understand. The only bye week that can be "scheduled" would during the non-conference portion of the season which UNT didn't have. 

On 11/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, RBP79 said:

CUSA has 13 teams playing football. Collectively, the teams have played 75 games (5.7) average. UNT has played 5. It would be 6 if UTEP had been willing to work with UNT like they offered FIU and UAB (neutral site). So UNT has pretty much played the average number of games in CUSA. Do you pay attention to the rest of the country? Games are falling by the waste side left and right. The SEC has canceled 4 games this week already.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, All About UNT said:

Just read what you are insinuating and accusing the Administration of.  Nobody owes you a football season pal.  They are busting their asses and spending money hand over foot.  30 cases active in the programs and you are over here on GMG trying to say they have failed leadership at the helm because you don't get to see little Jimmy run the ball on Saturdays.  Get over yourself.

Your funny guy...its not only NT leadership it's obviously wide spread lack of forward thinking. That little school south of us in Dallas is one of several schools whose leadership figured it out. And if NT wants to cancel the season...no skin off my back. I'll just write off my season tickets as a donation to the athletic department. You sound like my "Know it All" kids ...

28 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Your funny guy...its not only NT leadership it's obviously wide spread lack of forward thinking. That little school south of us in Dallas is one of several schools whose leadership figured it out. And if NT wants to cancel the season...no skin off my back. I'll just write off my season tickets as a donation to the athletic department. You sound like my "Know it All" kids ...

Lack of forward thinking?  The Houston game was cancelled when Harris County was the hotbed of Covid cases in the state, UTEP was cancelled due to El Paso being hit with a crazy amount of cases that overwhelmed their hospitals and is still out of control and UAB was cancelled by UAB on a weekend when most of the SEC, the are where UAB is located, games were cancelled as well.  La Tech was cancelled due to an increase in cases at UNT.  Outside of La Tech, I don't see the issues being on our end. Even then, what do you want the administration to do that you perceive that aren't doing at this time?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Lack of forward thinking?  The Houston game was cancelled when Harris County was the hotbed of Covid cases in the state, UTEP was cancelled due to El Paso being hit with a crazy amount of cases that overwhelmed their hospitals and is still out of control and UAB was cancelled by UAB on a weekend when most of the SEC, the are where UAB is located, games were cancelled as well.  La Tech was cancelled due to an increase in cases at UNT.  Outside of La Tech, I don't see the issues being on our end. Even then, what do you want the administration to do that you perceive that aren't doing at this time?

image.jpeg.23124d7656cd0e07049b73ef115b40a6.jpeg

• Haha 3