FIU cancels UTEP

UNTexas

https://utepminers.com/news/2020/11/3/utep-football-game-versus-fiu-cancelled.aspx

Statement from UTEP President Heather Wilson
"We look forward to welcoming the Golden Panthers to Sun Bowl Stadium sometime in the future."

Statement from UTEP Director of Athletics Jim Senter
"We knew entering into this most uncertain season that there was a possibility of some games being postponed or cancelled.  We've gone through a rough stretch, but are hopeful that we'll come out of it strong and be able to get some games in over the next month.  I continue to applaud our coaches, student-athletes and staff, including our Sports Medicine department, for doing everything they can to put our team in a position to play each and every week."

Statement from UTEP Football Coach Dana Dimel
"We are disappointed that we won't be able to play this weekend, but we will continue working hard and look forward to our next game versus UTSA!"

• Thanks 1

How ironic is this thread now? LOL! UNT waited until late Thursday afternoon of game week to cancel their game against LA Tech. This, after UNT tried to PAY UTEP to come play in Denton last week because your coaches supposedly feared traveling to El Paso. HAHA! You can't make this stuff up.

It sounds like traveling to El Paso is safer than traveling to Denton. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 7

2 hours ago, HogDawg said:

How ironic is this thread now? LOL! UNT waited until late Thursday afternoon of game week to cancel their game against LA Tech. This, after UNT tried to PAY UTEP to come play in Denton last week because your coaches supposedly feared traveling to El Paso. HAHA! You can't make this stuff up.

B6472BAD-0127-4DBB-B628-5BF0800D6062.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Any chance you have a relative that goes to Houston?

Nope. But I'm starting to understand why some Houston & SMU fans hate UNT so much......... 

This is actually a good exercise for me. In my first 24 hours here, I earned 53 little "red" negative marks, which apparently means something in Greenie Weenie world, as well as some local kindergarten schools. That's got to be a record, huh?

Some of you UNT guys are very serious people. But you just don't act like you're very happy people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 4

1 hour ago, HogDawg said:

Nope. But I'm starting to understand why some Houston & SMU fans hate UNT so much......... 

This is actually a good exercise for me. In my first 24 hours here, I earned 53 little "red" negative marks, which apparently means something in Greenie Weenie world, as well as some local kindergarten schools. That's got to be a record, huh?

Some of you UNT guys are very serious people. But you just don't act like you're very happy people. 

Maybe with all of this free time you can get a job & donate the proceeds to LaTech. Might help keep your next AD around instead of getting poached to be P5 assistant.

Edited by xyresic
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It's just that you are so proud of your trolling game yet it is terribly weak.