LA Tech

Side Show Joe

I don’t think we have a true rival. In the traditional sense we lack 

1. Consistently playing the same opponents. Since 1995 we have been in three conferences.

2. Being consistently competitive since we have only had about 6 winning seasons in 20 years.

If we played MUTS yearly you might be able to make a case for them. Over time it could be UTSA 🤢 but only if the series stays competitive. 
LaTech would be a great rival but not there yet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Excuse me Greenie Weenie's.......but could one of you guys direct me to your BASEBALL team board?  I'm trying to find a sport that UNT is competitive in.  😛

Just kidding. LOL! LA Tech fans are looking forward to playing UNT in our "home away from home" this week, Apogee Stadium. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 5

54 minutes ago, HogDawg said:

Excuse me Greenie Weenie's.......but could one of you guys direct me to your BASEBALL team board?  I'm trying to find a sport that UNT is competitive in.  😛

Just kidding. LOL! LA Tech fans are looking forward to playing UNT in our "home away from home" this week, Apogee Stadium. 

Not sure if this is what you were looking for?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HogDawg said:

How bout basketball, softball, and soccer to name a few.

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1

5 hours ago, HogDawg said:

Yeah, NT and La Tech have the same number of teams; the minimum 16.

At least NT didn't chose to add the wonderful sport of women's bowling.  

20 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

So....we're going to start showing vids are we? I believe I can outlast you on that front. LOL!

You should start watching around the 2:28 mark.  LOL! 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=685707398505563&ref=watch_permalink

Now....let's see, where is that vid of LA Tech defeating UNT 73-71 in mens basketball last March? 😎

https://latechsports.com/news/2020/2/22/mens-basketball-dayday-bulldogs-take-down-mean-green.aspx

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Yeah, NT and La Tech have the same number of teams; the minimum 16.

At least NT didn't chose to add the wonderful sport of women's bowling.  

You need baseball, GG. You know it, and I know it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

We literally just won the last CUSA Men's BBall regular season.  This was a terrible troll on your part.  Do better.

UNT had a really good mens BB team last year. And I expect ya'll to be very salty this year too.  But you guys also got really, lucky with that last second bucket in Ruston. OUCH! Of course, my Dogs got you back on Feb 22nd in Denton, but it was too late by then. I was really hoping to get another shot at you guys in the CUSA Tournament. 

By the way, I don't think I've ever see a play review take as long as that one in Ruston did. Wow! But you guys earned it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

I've seen NT win some Homecoming games in Aillet also.  As in multiple.

Well, the good news for LA Tech is, we've won 11 of the last 14 meetings with UNT, so it hasn't happened much.  But you did spoil my day back in 2013 & 2017. Damn you, Greenies! LOL! 

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/louisiana-tech/vs/north-texas

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, HogDawg said:

I've only posted 3 times and I've already got 2 negative rep points from you guys. What's wrong with you people? LOL! A bit touchy, huh? 🤣

giphy.gif

I like you, but you're not enough.
Please grab 5-10 of your buddies and tell them to bring this same derogative energy.   
If possible, y'all come back next week, often, to continually rub salt in our wounds.
Please give our fans something easy to make fun of as well, like a large fast-food chain providing free tickets to your home games with purchase of a bucket meal deal.
Hopefully we can grow this little seed you're trying to plant.    I'm with you brother.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HogDawg said:

Well, the good news for LA Tech is, we've won 11 of the last 14 meetings with UNT, so it hasn't happened much.  But you did spoil my day back in 2013 & 2017. Damn you, Greenies! LOL! 

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/louisiana-tech/vs/north-texas

I like your presence on here...

We need more 

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

giphy.gif

I like you, but you're not enough.
Please grab 5-10 of your buddies and tell them to bring this same derogative energy.   
If possible, y'all come back next week, often, to continually rub salt in our wounds.
Please give our fans something easy to make fun of as well, like a large fast-food chain providing free tickets to your home games with purchase of a bucket meal deal.
Hopefully we can grow this little seed you're trying to plant.    I'm with you brother.

Duly noted. But it's not derogatory energy. This is all in fun. I've been doing this a long time (as Side Show Joe knows) and I can take care of myself.  I won't be dragging 5-10 of my buddies over here.

That said, I'm looking for some info about your football team this year.

-  What should Tech fans expect from the Greenies Saturday night? I don't mind telling ya, LA Tech's having trouble scoring TD's this year. The Bulldogs are starting a new QB this season for the first time in 4 years (J'Mar's finally gone), and let's just say the learning curve has been rough. LOL! I do expect us to pass a lot though. It finally clicked last week against UAB. 

-  I see that UNT is averaging roughly 39 points per game! WOW! Seriously, Tech will definitely have trouble keeping up with that pace if it continues.

-  I'm just glad that Mason Fine is gone. He was as very fun player to watch.  

My family and I will be at the game Saturday night (assuming we can get past the COVID limitations at the gate). 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HogDawg said:

Duly noted. But it's not derogatory energy. This is all in fun. I've been doing this a long time (as Side Show Joe knows) and I can take care of myself.  I won't be dragging 5-10 of my buddies over here.

-  What should Tech fans expect from the Greenies Saturday night? I don't mind telling ya, LA Tech's having trouble scoring TD's this year. The Bulldogs are starting a new QB this season for the first time in 4 years (J'Mar's finally gone), and let's just say the learning curve has been rough. LOL! I do expect us to pass a lot though. It finally clicked last week against UAB. 

-  I see that UNT is averaging roughly 39 points per game! WOW! Seriously, Tech will definitely have trouble keeping up with that pace if it continues.

My family and I will be at the game Saturday night (assuming we can get past the COVID limitations at the gate). 

Dangit!

See, I knew your true colors would show, and you'd prove to be a genuinely good guy.   
The problem is, we don't have enough trash-talking goons from LATech to build up any real rivalry with you guys... unfortunately, we have plenty of trash-talking goons from a UT system school by the Alamo who have successfully bred hate around here.  It's sad really.

You should expect to gash the NT Defense quite easily.  Your new QB is going to look like Terry Bradshaw against this defense.  You'll need to hope your safeties take good angles when tackling running QBs or they'll be in for a long night... because your LBs aren't catching our QB.

Mason Fine is a Mean Green legend and is sorely missed around here.

Enjoy your time in Denton!    Go Mean Green!

What smells in here? Oh it's you North Texas guys. 😀

I won't be traveling, but will be watching the game on TV.  I got to visit Denton this summer while visiting family in Lewisville (Highland Village), very impressed by your stadium.  I think rivalry starts with having a good traveling fanbase. Tech has shown it brings a good crowd to Denton (typically with full band in a non-Covid season).  Keep this up, in a few years we will have a good rivalry built on respect not hate.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HogDawg said:

Offense:

* Our OL seems to be coming together with a lot of new faces this year.

* Running game is deep with Torrey, Siggers and Adaway coming back this week.  Our true freshman Johnson has looked good but hasn't played in a few weeks.

* QB play has been inconsistent.  Bean, if he plays like he did against MUTS, is electric with the speed he brings to the game.  I was really proud to see how he reacted to his previous benching.  If he makes good decisions with the ball he will put up great numbers.

*  Jaelon Darden at WR is leading the nation and unbelievably good.  Simpson is developing into a great player but disappears from time to time.  Shorter is otu with an injury.  The remaining players have talent but have been inconsistent.  Drops and poor routes have hurt, but they are young and growing.  TE is hit and miss and most of the talent is very young.

* D-Line has given up a ton of yards.  Novil is a beast in the middle but our DE's have been inconsistent.  We look to be starting the Murphy twins at DE this week.  They are both talented, but are RS Fr and have missed some time this year.

* LB's haven't been terrible but if the KD and T Davis are in then they are much better.  The depth behind them is very young.

* DB's: There has been a revolving door back there due to injuries and other issues.  We have given up way too many big plays due to blown coverages but they, along with the rest of the D, look much better in the second half against the MUTS.

I expect a high scoring affair.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Offense:

* Our OL seems to be coming together with a lot of new faces this year.

* Running game is deep with Torrey, Siggers and Adaway coming back this week.  Our true freshman Johnson has looked good but hasn't played in a few weeks.

* QB play has been inconsistent.  Bean, if he plays like he did against MUTS, is electric with the speed he brings to the game.  I was really proud to see how he reacted to his previous benching.  If he makes good decisions with the ball he will put up great numbers.

*  Jaelon Darden at WR is leading the nation and unbelievably good.  Simpson is developing into a great player but disappears from time to time.  Shorter is otu with an injury.  The remaining players have talent but have been inconsistent.  Drops and poor routes have hurt, but they are young and growing.  TE is hit and miss and most of the talent is very young.

* D-Line has given up a ton of yards.  Novil is a beast in the middle but our DE's have been inconsistent.  We look to be starting the Murphy twins at DE this week.  They are both talented, but are RS Fr and have missed some time this year.

* LB's haven't been terrible but if the KD and T Davis are in then they are much better.  The depth behind them is very young.

* DB's: There has been a revolving door back there due to injuries and other issues.  We have given up way too many big plays due to blown coverages but they, along with the rest of the D, look much better in the second half against the MUTS.

I expect a high scoring affair.

Thank you, UNTLifer. Good team assessment. I truly think UNT might be better than advertised this year. When Saturday comes around, I just hope that LA Tech isn't still daydreaming about last week's UAB win. I can't see this Tech team scoring 45 points to win a shootout, so the Tech DL is going to have to step up and stop that UNT running game. That won't be easy with the RB depth chart that UNT has. 

• Upvote 2