LA Tech

Side Show Joe

Well my expectations are at the bare minimum, which means I hope we score a TD and make them punt at least once and that’s all.

Right now, I’m going to games for tailgates, talking to friends, and trying to watch the football on display...

Now I hope we can pull off a win, but I just don’t see it mainly after 2 weeks off.

Hope I’m wrong...

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

La Tech is a program I have great respect for.  As Side Show mentioned, all they seem to do us win.  No matter the coach, no matter their facilities and no matter their location they know how to win.  I’m proud we are in the same conference.  

Having said that, I hope we are able to demonstrate what top facilities, a well paid coach, and a great location can do.  

Just win

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

UNT recruiters needs to plant a flag in Louisiana (as LaTech has done in Texas) & recruit the hell out of the Pelican State.  2 or 3 key recruits from there could take us over the top & keep us competitive annually in CUSA.

GMG!

2-3 from Oklahoma and a couple for Louisiana would work

• Upvote 1

Truth be told, I’ve been a secret admirer of La Tech’s football program for years.  Even in the 70’s when they were bragging how much better they were than our favorite schools football team; that is, until Hayden Fry took his team down to Ruston & beat those Dawgs’ 41 to 7?  

Then a few years later some of us saw UNT beat the Bulldogs in a closer game at Louisiana’s Fair Park Stadium In Shreveport. (The W/L series has been close, but they probably lead it now by a game or 2).

••• I told Harry 10 years ago that we should have hired their best recruiter, but what do alums know about such things?  ⚔️🦅⚔️

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I like Shreveport, but that is like giving La Tech perennial home games. 

Think La Tech would agree to an annual game in Fort Worth or Dallas?

OR: One game in Shreveport for the LT home game, and the other at the Cotton Bowl for the NT home game.

Just something I found interesting...

On 11/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, wardly said:

I have always thought that playing our annual game in Shreveport could start a rivalry plus it's a fun city to visit.

Why in the heck would you want to give up a home game and make your fans travel to Louisiana for this game? It isn't like it would be Texas-OU or Army-Navy or anything.  WE need all the revenue we can get from games played in Apogee. I just don't like this idea at all. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/2/2020 at 10:31 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

If we even play....not looking good

How many are football related? It is my understanding that the spike is not related to the football program. But, who really knows as they can't really say much due to HIPPA rules.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Why in the heck would you want to give up a home game and make your fans travel to Louisiana for this game? It isn't like it would be Texas-OU or Army-Navy or anything.  WE need all the revenue we can get from games played in Apogee. I just don't like this idea at all. 

Exactly. I am 100% against any of our six home games away from Apogee. Now if we could have six home games at Apogee and one other in Dallas I would listen. 

Gee guys, just trying to think outside the box and generate a rivalry, which we don't have. Please don't say we have one with SMU. Jimmy Johnson defined a rivalry as as an annual game where each team has a chance to win. I think our overall record against the Mustangs is 6-32-1. This game might be big for UNT but I doubt it means much to SMU fans. Just wondering, but when someone asks  who our biggest rival is what is your response?

• Eye Roll 1