Two New Non-Conference Games

BillySee58

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I'm wanting to make the trip, but the Ark game collides with the UTSA football game! I think I'll make a choice later.

I will be making the trip to LSU unless no fans...

Season start date got pushed back to November 25th so this MVSU game will very likely be our 1st game. That LSU game was scheduled for November 17th so that one’s either cancelled or re-scheduled at best. Same for the Oklahoma State and UTA games. We had our schedule basically done but when the season start date got pushed back to November 25th I think that pretty much threw our whole non-conference schedule out of whack, even the games previously scheduled after November 25th. No clue what it’s going to look like now, besides MVSU and Arkansas.

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Season start date got pushed back to November 25th so this MVSU game will very likely be our 1st game. That LSU game was scheduled for November 17th so that one’s either cancelled or re-scheduled at best. Same for the Oklahoma State and UTA games. We had our schedule basically done but when the season start date got pushed back to November 25th I think that pretty much threw our whole non-conference schedule out of whack, even the games previously scheduled after November 25th. No clue what it’s going to look like now, besides MVSU and Arkansas.

Well they announced the LSU game to be on December 19th in Baton Rouge earlier today, so that’s why I said that.

I would think we still play Miss St, Wichita State, UTA, and OSU? UTA is a guarantee I would think because it’s a 2 way contract and it’s always their big game. 
Im just ready for that full schedule to be released so I can plan travel! 

I am also thinking we only play 8-9 OOC games, and since the Diamond Head Classic in Orlando was abandoned by ESPN, I don’t think we are in that anymore so it opens more games like an OSU.

32 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well they announced the LSU game to be on December 19th in Baton Rouge earlier today, so that’s why I said that.

I would think we still play Miss St, Wichita State, UTA, and OSU? UTA is a guarantee I would think because it’s a 2 way contract and it’s always their big game. 
Im just ready for that full schedule to be released so I can plan travel! 

I am also thinking we only play 8-9 OOC games, and since the Diamond Head Classic in Orlando was abandoned by ESPN, I don’t think we are in that anymore so it opens more games like an OSU.

Oh nice, I didn’t see that. I have no idea who we’re playing now. I think UTA gets worked out too, but not sure how that works out with trying to fit in so many games in December.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hogfan14 said:

Surely letting us win 2 basketball games makes us even for 1 football game right? 😆

Hell no!  I am always torn because I have been a Hogs’ fan all my life. My Dad earned a scholarship to Arkansas way back when and my entire family is from Arkansas. I was the first Texan after my Dad took a job at then NTSU, so Arkansas has been my #2 team forever. 

My reference to “owing you all one” was last year’s basketball game where I feel we hadn’t come together yet with so many new faces. Although Arkansas had a strong team, we didn’t play well. I expect a much closer game this year and am looking for a win. 

Regarding the football game, not one of my relatives has said anything to me in regards to the football game. Seems very rude. 😂

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Has there been any word on the Hawaii Tournament.  Cancelled or rescheduled?

So it was moved to Orlando in September, but the other day ESPN abandoned all Orlando tournaments so I'm 99% sure there is none.

We are scheduled to play around 25 games in total, so with 18 conference and I guess we will play 7 OOC games.

3 down already...