Transfers - More than most think

Are coached allowed to keep contacting recruits up to the time they sign their letters? Seems to me to show a good reason to keeping in communications with players even if you are not going to be their first choice. Based on the way the sport is headed transfers will be a larger and larger part of the puzzles. I would like to see the G5 schools push for the no sit out rules the same as it applies to FCS schools. It would keep a lot of good players in FBS, but then that is probably why the P5 schools would never allow it to happen.

56 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Are coached allowed to keep contacting recruits up to the time they sign their letters? Seems to me to show a good reason to keeping in communications with players even if you are not going to be their first choice. Based on the way the sport is headed transfers will be a larger and larger part of the puzzles. I would like to see the G5 schools push for the no sit out rules the same as it applies to FCS schools. It would keep a lot of good players in FBS, but then that is probably why the P5 schools would never allow it to happen.

Are you kidding?    Those rules help G5s more than P5s right now.   

Can you imagine the down-low recruiting NT's best players would get from P5 schools if they didn't have to sit out?    Heck, we saw it last year in basketball when Mo got plucked by OU... and he even had to sit out a year.

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It’s not completely official but it sounds like the NCAA will have a rule passed by January or February allowing for players to not need to sit out a year the first time they transfer between D1 schools. It’s not official because the rule hasn’t been passed but I think coaches will operate under the presumption that it will be passed, given how much of a certainty it sounds like it is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you kidding?    Those rules help G5s more than P5s right now.   

Can you imagine the down-low recruiting NT's best players would get from P5 schools if they didn't have to sit out?    Heck, we saw it last year in basketball when Mo got plucked by OU... and he even had to sit out a year.

I was saying that if a P5 transferred to a G5 they should not have to sit out, not G5 to P5.