DRC: UTEP coach Dimel says UTEP never seriously considered site change, calls for UNT to forfeit if game isn't rescheduled in El Paso

Brett Vito

Just now, Udomann said:

From the schools backlash on twitter to Dimwitted Dimel (I came up with that myself!)... The school is trying hard to backtrack on their stance. All expenses paid trip to denton? I live here and I would still take the offer!

Got any evidence for this? I want to see this because I can't believe a school President down to the football coach can be so blind on what is going on in the city they live in and continue to push the narrative that this is all NT's fault. The optics on this are horrible for UTEP. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s ridiculous for a lot of reasons. The idea that CUSA should give UNT a forfeit loss for not wanting to travel to a city that is pushing 100% hospital capacity being probably number 1. That’ll show everyone that we’re taking things seriously as a conference.

Per Football Scoop and the younger Barnett we were in contact with UTEP and CUSA in an effort to make this a mutual decision & they refused.  We offered to foot the bill for them to play here and they refused. Then they put out a PR blasting us, their President blasted us and then Dimel said we should forfeit. Their response has been ridiculous and I am embarrassed for them.

I very much forward to playing them in December or next year and showing absolutely no mercy.

Edited by xyresic
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not Judy’s MO.

If Judy gets involved, the game will be rescheduled to Wednesday of Spring Break & be streamed on MySpace for a nominal fee.

Well that might be difficult when we don't have a Spring Break this year. https://www.unt.edu/catalogs/2020-21/calendar 🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Well that might be difficult when we don't have a Spring Break this year. https://www.unt.edu/catalogs/2020-21/calendar 🙂

You doubt the power of the Judy?!?  

Faster than a Sloth with Concussion!

More Powerful than a Bull in a China Shop!

Able to Negotiate Poor TV Deals at a Single Bound!

Look! In the Press Box! She’s a Bore! She’s Unremarkable!

She’s, A Bad Commissioner!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You doubt the power of the Judy?!?  

Faster than a Sloth with Concussion!

More Powerful than a Bull in a China Shop!

Able to Negotiate Poor TV Deals at a Single Bound!

Look! In the Press Box! She’s a Bore! She’s Unremarkable!

She’s, A Bad Commissioner!

She is "too good" to be in the press box! She isn't some random peasant