UTEP Game Postponed

BillySee58

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I can’t believe we would do that! If all of our players were healthy, why are we scared?? How does the city effect us??? 

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Flying into the city’s airport, staying at one of the city’s hotels.

UTEP is in the middle of a hotspot right now and there is still 3 days until gameday.  Miner athletes still have time to get infected.  I haven't heard of programs quarantining their entire roster during the season.  They're still allowed to go out and about, right?

I wonder If Wren saw something that made him think, "If I have to make the call this week, I had better do it sooner rather than later."

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, xyresic said:

I think this makes sense, El Paso is in a bad spot right now. They instituted a curfew and their hospitals are at capacity with cases surging.

If there are no positive tests there is no danger to either team or the community. The teams are probably better tested than the community is anyway.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 28

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I haven't heard of programs quarantining their entire roster during the season.  They're still allowed to go out and about, right?

I wonder If Wren saw something that made him think, "If I have to make the call this week, I had better do it sooner rather than later."

The statement from the president states that no players are in isolation. I think her point was meant to be that no players are quarantining due to contact tracing, but still seems to leave the door open that they are going out and about, even if they are strongly being encouraged to stay home as much as possible.

17E20A30-CD1A-4F90-BBF6-E42DEC17A06E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

This is virtue signalling BS. If both teams are tested and nobody has it there is no reason they shouldn't play. F this.

Edit:

Really? Are you that afraid of some stupid invisible bug that if players are testing negative that you won't let them play? Dumbass sheep.

Is your name Ryan Munthe, by any chance?? Because is you aren’t, you have a total soulmate to post with...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2