No Fans For North Texas at UTEP

BillySee58

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I don't see what the big deal is, do they usually have fans in the stands?

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Nah, just drunk in the parking lot fist fighting the other team's fans

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Sad but true.

They outdrew us by about 2K fans a game so there’s definitely a degree of self-ownage using the very unique “don’t they normally not have any fans at their games” joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • RV 2

21 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I don't see what the big deal is, do they usually have fans in the stands?

In their worst years, they could still draw over 15K a game.  Last year they won 1 game TOTAL and they were over 17K.  Their best years include averages of 40K+.

This is not like DFW where there are tons of alternative things to do when the team starts to tank.  El Paso LOVES their Miners.

There are tons of programs to pick on for attendance.  UTEP ain't really one of them.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

...and some of you guys want to go huddle up in public and watch this game while the hospitalization rates in Collin County are almost at their highest number. And the cases are growing, which will lead to more hospitalizations and then shutdowns of gathering. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 5.00.22 PM.png

This is why we can't have nice things. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

...and some of you guys want to go huddle up in public and watch this game while the hospitalization rates in Collin County are almost at their highest number. And the cases are growing, which will lead to more hospitalizations and then shutdowns of gathering. 

Personally, I think if we all were very strict about the mask thing and social distancing, we could still be quasi-social and this virus would go away.

The problem is a social thing: put people together and mix in a few beers, suddenly they get lazy about the mask, pass drinks around, shake hands with everyone they know, and generally get sloppy/mindless about the restrictions.

Now that my weekend gigs are coming back into rotation, I've been seeing it nearly every Friday/Saturday night.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

They outdrew us by about 2K fans a game so there’s definitely a degree of self-ownage using the very unique “don’t they normally not have any fans at their games” joke.

They said there was 40k against Houston Baptist last year ... yeah I don’t buy it

52 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 5.00.22 PM.png

That’s why I have a “party” at my house!! Lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Personally, I think if we all were very strict about the mask thing and social distancing, we could still be quasi-social and this virus would go away.

The problem is a social thing: put people together and mix in a few beers, suddenly they get lazy about the mask, pass drinks around, shake hands with everyone they know, and generally get sloppy/mindless about the restrictions.

Now that my weekend gigs are coming back into rotation, I've been seeing it nearly every Friday/Saturday night.

Completely agree. With compliance, it would be kept in check... Otherwise, it's just half assed and not in control. 

I know at the hospital five miles from there, the covid icu is full. They are spilling over to Irving. It's not the lack of beds, it's the staff and isolation floors that are lacking.

43 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Completely agree. With compliance, it would be kept in check... Otherwise, it's just half assed and not in control. 

I know at the hospital five miles from there, the covid icu is full. They are spilling over to Irving. It's not the lack of beds, it's the staff and isolation floors that are lacking.

Not sure why people are not wearing mask. You can still go out and do what you need. My son drove by one of the elementary schools yesterday and, at least outside, in the morning almost no one, kids, or parents dropping off were wearing mask. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Not sure why people are not wearing mask. You can still go out and do what you need. My son drove by one of the elementary schools yesterday and, at least outside, in the morning almost no one, kids, or parents dropping off were wearing mask. 

I'm in Coppell. My kindergartener must wear his mask all day. No one can get out of their cars at drop off/pick up. The only time they don't have to wear masks is while eating and they are required to be spaced out over six feet. When the weather allows, they are eating outside. At my daughter's daycare, parents aren't allowed to drop off without masks. Before a child can be dropped, their temperature AND the temperature of the parent dropping off is taken. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

called it.

tenor.gif?itemid=4492349

12 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No one is wearing masks in El Paso???giphy.gif

• Haha 1