Watch UNT vs. UTEP at The Star in Frisco!

UNT 90 Grad

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed that this game is actually played. El Paso is experiencing a rather large COVID outbreak at the moment. Hopefully the team can get “in and out” of El Paso, with a win of course, safely. 

• Upvote 4

The situation in EP is dire.  I've heard they are flying patients out via helicopter to nearby hospitals because they don't have anymore room.

My step mom went to the ER Sunday night around 11:30.  She was in agonizing pain and couldn't walk (in her early 70s).  They basically gave her some morphine and nudged her into the hallway.  They just didn't have any room.  She's past the worst of the pain and will see her doctor today or tomorrow to figure out what's happening.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

The situation in EP is dire.  I've heard they are flying patients out via helicopter to nearby hospitals because they don't have anymore room.

My step mom went to the ER Sunday night around 11:30.  She was in agonizing pain and couldn't walk (in her early 70s).  They basically gave her some morphine and nudged her into the hallway.  They just didn't have any room.  She's past the worst of the pain and will see her doctor today or tomorrow to figure out what's happening.

Same thing I've heard. My uncle was set for a pretty important (life-saving level) surgery last Wednesday, and they stopped the procedure during prep because there wasn't an open recovery bed in EP or Cruces. It's really, really bad out there and I would totally understand if the game were delayed or even cancelled. 

And then they got a half inch of snow this morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:52 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

All - I’ll do my best to pull this off for a different away game.  Fingers crossed.  Stay safe. 

For those wondering, it looks like we won’t be doing game watching at The Star this year.  Our remaining away games conflict with high school playoff activities planned for the location.  They are open to doing something next year, however.  Thanks 2020. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

For those wondering, it looks like we won’t be doing game watching at The Star this year.  Our remaining away games conflict with high school playoff activities planned for the location.  They are open to doing something next year, however.  Thanks 2020. 

NOOOOOOOOO

Where is the whiskey? I need it now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Wish I lived in the DFW area, but thank you for putting forth the effort to coordinate this event.  Sounds like a great venue and a great way to watch our away games with other MG faithful.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1