Apogee Advantage (or lack thereof) this season

MeanGreenTexan

I'm glad the guys were able to go on the road against a bad MT team and dig out a win.  That's something Littrell has struggled to get the team to do during his time here.

Having been at Apogee for all 3 of the previous games, I wonder if the lack of a crowd is playing a factor in how the team is playing:   
Normally, on defensive 3rd downs, Apogee can get rocking.  That has certainly not been the case this year.
Also, the "North"/"Texas" chant has been downright embarrassing, and probably needs to be shelved for this season.
The band is way smaller than normal, ergo: not as loud.
The cheerleaders aren't on the sidelines trying to pump up the crowd.

I wonder if the guys come out and look at stands that are way less full than usual, and way less rowdy than usual, and think the fans are not behind them... then lose the confidence they used to gain from the crowd.  That could carry over to their performance.

On the flipside, they were able to go on the road, and bring their own energy to come away with a victory. 
If NT can go to El Paso and do the same, I'll believe this could be more than a hypothesis.
And before anyone says, "Well yeah, NT SHOULD be able to go on the road and beat two terrible teams in MT & UTEP!!!"...  I agree, but we also SHOULD have been able to lay waste to a terrible Charlotte team, and a rudderless SoMiss team at home too, and neither happened.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

If crowd size at home is affecting the team's play, that would be on the coaches not mentally preparing the team. More likely the result of contact tracing and injuries....QB shuffle a given.

UTEP is better than they normally are this year and its another away game....at this point it looks like all remaining games will be tuff. Prove me wrong MeanGreen!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

It seems to me the players look so distracted at the home games, looking up in the stands for family or friends or friends coming down to the edge and yelling at the players to say hi.   I think on the road they are able to keep all thoughts on the field.

That also goes to coaching and how they aren't focused at all during games.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I believe that a near full house does pump more adrenalin and enables those on the field to try harder.  But, there is a lot more young talent available on this team and I think that they should be given a chance.  I was never real big on redshirting unless the player needed more size or strength to compete.  

I would like to see a more lively sideline.  I remember the Charlotte game especially.  There was a prospect there from south Texas who had offers from both Charlotte and us in the stands.  The Charlotte subs were yelling and swaying and looked much more lively than our sideline who, at times, weren't even facing the field...often talking to a teammate or just looking solemn.  As you know, he chose Charlotte.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

We could have had a sellout and SMU would have still murdered us. Actually, so would have USM and Charlotte. All these teams just beat the hell out of our lines. And SMU is just flat out great compared to anyone else we have played or will play.

I’ll give you SMU.   I said they were the best team we play all year before the season started.

Charlotte & SoMiss...  I dunno.