Funny....

UNTLifer

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

That when we win certain posters have nothing to say. Just an observation. 

I'm tired of all of the "yeah buts..."

We could have 1,000 yds of offense in a game, score 100pts and shut out the opponent on defense and the board would still be full of "yeah but..."

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

What is there to say? We beat what might be the worst FBS team or close to it. We've still never accomplished anything meaningful. Players are leaving. And our coach has a contract so bad we can get out of it. 

Sure we are optimistic that we can improve. Cautiously. But we ain't there yet. Just taking a breath and hoping we don't make bottom 10 again with our 1.8mm albatross.

Folks just have nothing left to say.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That when we win certain posters have nothing to say. Just an observation. 

It's a real knee slapper - certainly. 

Or it could be that this is a bye week?  Nothing to talk about this upcoming week. Maybe.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Udomann said:

What is there to say? We beat what might be the worst FBS team or close to it. We've still never accomplished anything meaningful. Players are leaving. And our coach has a contract so bad we can get out of it. 

Sure we are optimistic that we can improve. Cautiously. But we ain't there yet. Just taking a breath and hoping we don't make bottom 10 again with our 1.8mm albatross.

^ This. I think it's funny that some think we have turned the corner after just one win over a very bad MT team.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

39 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

^ This. I think it's funny that some think we have turned the corner after just one win over a very bad MT team.

I don’t think anyone thinks that but there was some positives that could be discussed and predictably some have remained silent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

And just like that, I find the silence more merciful than funny

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

Not sure in today's environment you can read much into players leaving any program

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

When can we be positive in your view?  Give us your criteria, after winning the national championship or after a winning CUSA record.   

Most teams can only win one game at a time.   

Again that bad team was favored.  NT has not turned any corner, but any win is a lot better than losing. 

There are only two good teams in the league and NT plays only one.  So I guess if NT doesn't beat UAB, it's a bad end of the last half of the season. 

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

When can we be positive in your view?  Give us your criteria, after winning the national championship or after a winning CUSA record.   

Most teams can only win one game at a time.   

Again that bad team was favored.  NT has not turned any corner, but any win is a lot better than losing. 

There are only two good teams in the league and NT plays only one.  So I guess if NT doesn't beat UAB, it's a bad end of the last half of the season. 

It is still a free country. People can be positive any time they want. I think everyone on the board was happy for Darden following the game. And many of us were very happy to see Bean finally get another shot at QB.

For me, and this is my personal criteria, I need to see North Texas beat more winning programs. I highly doubt MT will finish their season with a winning record. The simple fact is Littrell hasn't consistently beaten winning programs since 2017, when we beat 5 of them. Since 2017, Littrell only beaten 1 (Southern Mississippi 2018). And, that is a major reason why I am done supporting him as our coach.

LT is a thorn that must be removed, but we'll discuss that issue soon enough.

Right now, I'm just hoping we can handle UTEP in El Paso. If we win two in a row, that would be nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay it’s clear this thread is split between the topic, but I’ll say this.

If we want to have the confidence heading into this final stretch of the season, winning against MUTS was a necessity. The players looked so energized and happy out there unlike past weeks.

Now I will say that was a 17 point win over a AWFUL MUTS team. A lot of things went wrong in the first quarter, and against good teams there is no way on earth that we even keep it close.

You have to be happy for them because it seems that they have found a groove, but at the same time don’t get too much confidence because we have a good chance on getting stomped on against La Tech.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1