MuTS d-coach was not ready

meangreen11

14 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

You took part in Team Aune vs Team Bean for weeks. You also opined and prescribed meaning to those stats you posted. And not all of the 3 pages worth of posts you wrote about Bean were based on statistics. 

Regardless, you are the people and the people is you. Why would it suddenly be “strange”?

This seems to be a good example of the very thought process I’m referring to. I preferred Aune, gave stats and film explanations on why, so now I’m team Aune, and I’m not allowed to root for any other quarterback of the team I root for? That line of thinking is what’s strange. That and people whining in our game threads about our QB, calling for a change while he’s throwing for almost 400 yards and 3 TDs despite 6 dropped passes, jumping for any chance to pull him instead of actually backing him.

But you might be on to something. I was only first pumping with no audible sounds coming out of my mouth like normal when Bean was scoring. Maybe it was because I was in the hospital with my wife and new born, but it probably was because I can’t root for the guy unless he had the superior statistics coming into the game.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

This seems to be a good example of the very thought process I’m referring to. I preferred Aune, gave stats and film explanations on why, so now I’m team Aune, and I’m not allowed to root for any other quarterback of the team I root for? 

I mean, it’s YOUR thought process man. Seth was playing both QBs, and you were dogging one and stating preference for the other. If you think the thought process you exhibited was strange... own your strangeness.

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Monkeypox said:

I mean, it’s YOUR thought process man. Seth was playing both QBs, and you were dogging one and stating preference for the other. If you think the thought process you exhibited was strange...

Sounds like you’re going to see it your way and that’s fine. I never dogged Bean, unless you consider posting where his stats were inferior is dogging, but in a QB battle those seem like fair game to analyze to me.

I’ve never called for him to be pulled during the game and I’ve explicitly stated I hope our focus is on developing him and not having a quick leash so he can grow through any first-year starting QB struggles. People begging for the QB who they don’t prefer to be pulled at every chance is what’s weird to me. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Sounds like you’re going to see it your way and that’s fine. I never dogged Bean, unless you consider posting where his stats were inferior is dogging, but in a QB battle those seem like fair game to analyze to me.

I’ve never called for him to be pulled during the game and I’ve explicitly stated I hope our focus is on developing him and not having a quick leash so he can grow through any first-year starting QB struggles. People begging for the QB who they don’t prefer to be pulled at every chance is what’s weird to me. 

I agree it's weird. But I always thought it was weird, not just suddenly because Aune got pulled. I also thought it was weird that people here had so much conviction on our QBs based on such little evidence.

For what its worth, I think we're going to see a LOT of back and forth in this crazy Covid season. This Team Bean/Team Aune thing will likely continue. I know what Seth has said before about wanting a starter, but I still haven't seen anything to tell me its all settled. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

This seems to be a good example of the very thought process I’m referring to. I preferred Aune, gave stats and film explanations on why, so now I’m team Aune, and I’m not allowed to root for any other quarterback of the team I root for? That line of thinking is what’s strange. That and people whining in our game threads about our QB, calling for a change while he’s throwing for almost 400 yards and 3 TDs despite 6 dropped passes, jumping for any chance to pull him instead of actually backing him.

But you might be on to something. I was only first pumping with no audible sounds coming out of my mouth like normal when Bean was scoring. Maybe it was because I was in the hospital with my wife and new born, but it probably was because I can’t root for the guy unless he had the superior statistics coming into the game.

Headline has been completely buried here:

Congratulations to your family Billy, & a hearty welcome to the newest member of the Mean Green Nation (and to "team Aune" 😂)!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

So you're saying Aune is the godfather of your newborn?

The sheer audacity. 

Sarcasm aside, as someone who also preferred Aune at the beginning of the season, his turnovers are an issue, and I hope Bean can continue to improve throwing the ball.

At this point as long as we're winning, nothing else matters.

• Haha 1

I think it is ridiculous to assign "Team Bean" or "Team Aune" to this discussion.  People expressed who was their favorite based on a number of factors, but I don't think they were wishing failure on the other QB.  I liked Aune because of the poise I saw and his arm strength, but I also love Bean's crazy athleticism.  Bean looked like a completely different QB against the MUTS, and I must say that if he can perform like that weekly then he should be the starter, no questions asked.   Before someone claims I am holding him up to crazy expectations, let me clarify the previous sentence.  The numbers were great, but what stood out to me was his decisiveness with the ball, crisp passes, making smart decisions with the RPO and his look of confidence.  Prior to last week, he seemed to be a little "deer in the headlights" when in games.

We just want to win, whether that be with Aune, Bean, Martin, Kuehne, etc... back there, I don't think anyone really cares, so assigning posters to "Team Bean" or "Team Aune" seems a little over the top.

• Upvote 2

I like both QBs.  I hope we figure this out, because I still don't like rotating that position.

Take away that awful first Q against Middle, and Aune's statline is fine.  But he's 0-2 against the tougher competition.

UTEP game could reveal a ton of more information.  T5 league defense (4th in rushing D).  Good luck to Bean.

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

So you're saying Aune is the godfather of your newborn?

The sheer audacity. 

Sarcasm aside, as someone who also preferred Aune at the beginning of the season, his turnovers are an issue, and I hope Bean can continue to improve throwing the ball.

At this point as long as we're winning, nothing else matters.

Lol. Yeah, right to change opinion with new information. My point, which became very misconstrued, was not issue with people preferring one QB to the other, which I obviously did. It was the people whining every time the new QB was in and being quiet when he was succeeding. I have the same issue with people doing this regarding Bean as I did with Aune. Not that complicated. Want to see wins and QB development, not more flip flopping.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Headline has been completely buried here:

Congratulations to your family Billy, & a hearty welcome to the newest member of the Mean Green Nation (and to "team Aune" 😂)!

Lmao thank you, John! We’re 1-0 in her lifetime and all she knows is Bean>Aune. Hope she’s the good luck charm we needed this year. Anything to give us an edge in the crazy year of our Lord 2020.

• Upvote 1

I like both dudes and odds are we'll need 'em both down the line.... Alec Morris started a freakin' bowl game and put up 300 and 3 TDs (God we should have won that game) when Fine couldn't go.... My very humble useless take is that Bean has boatloads of upside and natural talent that could be deadly at this level of football, and I'd love to see it nurtutred and given a shot. I like Aune, he has a live arm, and he feels like a steady hand if anything goes wrong. But until the new guys get here, man, Bean feels like that guy that has potential to be a DUDE.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I like both dudes and odds are we'll need 'em both down the line.... Alec Morris started a freakin' bowl game and put up 300 and 3 TDs (God we should have won that game) when Fine couldn't go.... My very humble useless take is that Bean has boatloads of upside and natural talent that could be deadly at this level of football, and I'd love to see it nurtutred and given a shot. I like Aune, he has a live arm, and he feels like a steady hand if anything goes wrong. But until the new guys get here, man, Bean feels like that guy that has potential to be a DUDE.

+ 1 for the Morris memory

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

+ 1 for the Morris memory

Besides the Army OT fourth down conversion (shudder), my most vivid memory of that beautiful day in Dallas is Jeff Wilson puking his guts out all over the field right in front of us. That's NFL level effort there. But yeah, Alec Morris played a damn good game that day, definitely well enough to win. If Aune can be that kinda guy, and I think/hope he can, then we'll be okay. 

• Upvote 1