MuTS d-coach was not ready

meangreen11

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Aune needs to be ready in case Bean stalls (again) against a better defense.

Absolutely. It has to go both ways.

I said the same thing about Bean a few weeks ago too.  Glad he kept ready, despite several on here claiming he was pouting on the sidelines.   His performance Saturday did not look like a mopey/defeated guy to me.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Team Aune right now

bob belcher grasping at straws GIF by Bob's Burgers

He still has a better arm than Bean. His turnovers are worrisome though.

Like I said previously, when teams bottle up Bean in the run game, I'm not sure he can beat them with his arm alone. It may end up that he's so fast he'll never be truly bottled up, but I'm still skeptical of his ability to win through the air against a better defense.

I think we'll have a better measure against LaTech and UAB than MTSU and HBU

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

He still has a better arm than Bean. His turnovers are worrisome though.

Like I said previously, when teams bottle up Bean in the run game, I'm not sure he can beat them with his arm alone. It may end up that he's so fast he'll never be truly bottled up, but I'm still skeptical of his ability to win through the air against a better defense.

I think we'll have a better measure against LaTech and UAB than MTSU and HBU

Southern Miss and Charlotte have good defense? Aune didn’t light them up. MTSU got three turnovers off Aune then Bean came in and lit their asses up!

• Upvote 1

I am loving the "but it's only Middle Tennessee" argument. 

MUTS played Army and lost 42-0.  The leading rusher for Army (a team that runs an exotic "you don't prepare for it every week" offense) had 98 yards.   Bean had two less rushing TD's than Army's TEAM. 

Against every other CUSA team they have played (nUTSAck, WKU, and FIU) they have lost by 2, 3, and 3. 

Please, for the love of God, just stop it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, BillySee58 said:

This Team Aune, Team Bean deal is some strange stuff. People seem to literally have been rooting against QBs on the actual team they’re supposedly rooting for.

The strangest part to me is seeing Team Aune's team captain take off his jersey and quit at half time, then walk up into the stands like he didn't have anything to do with what's happening on the field.

You didn't seem to have a problem making some pretty declarative statements in an ENTIRE thread called Aune vs Bean. You didn't find it strange then? Did you not think any of the posts you've made in the last month or so was taking a side? Are you admitting you were rooting against Bean in your comments, or does that only apply to the "other side" of that debate? 

I mean, I don't have a dog in this fight, because I never thought anyone on this board had enough information to make a call based on what we'd seen so far from these two (and still don't). And given what the coach has said in not naming a starter, I'd hazard a guess that they've both been as inconsistent in practice as they had in games. I'll fully admit I have no idea which of these two QBs gives us the best chance to win. If the coaches don't know, I CERTAINLY don't. I don't begrudge people the debate. That's what sports message boards are all about.

But, c'mon, man. You're a part of it. You're the "people" you're referring to.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

The strangest part to me is seeing Team Aune's team captain take off his jersey and quit at half time, then walk up into the stands like he didn't have anything to do with what's happening on the field.

You didn't seem to have a problem making some pretty declarative statements in an ENTIRE thread called Aune vs Bean. You didn't find it strange then? Did you not think any of the posts you've made in the last month or so was taking a side? Are you admitting you were rooting against Bean in your comments, or does that only apply to the "other side" of that debate? 

I mean, I don't have a dog in this fight, because I never thought anyone on this board had enough information to make a call based on what we'd seen so far from these two (and still don't). And given what the coach has said in not naming a starter, I'd hazard a guess that they've both been as inconsistent in practice as they had in games. I'll fully admit I have no idea which of these two QBs gives us the best chance to win. If the coaches don't know, I CERTAINLY don't. I don't begrudge people the debate. That's what sports message boards are all about.

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Eye Roll 1

41 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Sir, I was posting statistics that, to that point, were factual. I root for the Mean Green, regardless of who the QB is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Sir, I was posting statistics that, to that point, were factual. I root for the Mean Green, regardless of who the QB is. 

You took part in Team Aune vs Team Bean for weeks. You also opined and prescribed meaning to those stats you posted. And not all of the 3 pages worth of posts you wrote about Bean were based on statistics. 

Regardless, you are the people and the people is you. Why would it suddenly be “strange”?

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2