Darden Num 1 in Receiving Yards

brooks91

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Is there a chance he breaks the draft curse?

I am skeptical at best that it will be a slot receiver who breaks our draft curse. The NFL doesn't value those guys very highly even Hunter Renfrow was a 5th rounder though his age was a big factor. If you search twitter there are a few draftniks who have noticed his production including Dane Brugler former owner of nfldraftscout and current writer for The Athletic. He's listed on the Reece's senior bowl 2021 top 250 maybe I am being pessimistic I just thought it would be Novil garnering the buzz this year. 

33 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

what's the chance he comes back again next year...two years of crazy numbers should help his draft stock

14 minutes ago, Travis said:

I really hopes he comes back next year.

He's a Senior, Do all players get an additional year of eligibility due to COVID?

12 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

He's a Senior, Do all players get an additional year of eligibility due to COVID?

Yes.   The eligibility clock is frozen for all Fall sports this season.   
Also, the NCAA just announced last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago) that the Winter sports will also have a frozen eligibility clock.    Spring sports athletes had theirs frozen last Spring, but might have them frozen again!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes.   The eligibility clock is frozen for all Fall sports this season.   
Also, the NCAA just announced last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago) that the Winter sports will also have a frozen eligibility clock.    Spring sports athletes had theirs frozen last Spring, but might have them frozen again!

At first I was thinking I was missing something but then I remembered that its 2020 and Im drinking tea with the Mad Hatter and March hare and I live in a time of pure craziness.

He's Pushing the threshold for records in Receiving but if he comes back, he's going to shatter them!

Career Receptions: 202 which is 2nd behind Casey Fitzgerald at 229

Career Yard: 2,281 which is 7th with Quinn being the leader at 2,718

Career TD's: 29 which is 2nd behind Ron Shanklin at 31

He's going to easily break the TD and receptions

Season Record books:

TD's: 8th with 10.....Leader Ron Shanklin has 13

He's got to get after it to catch Receiving yards (Fitzgerald 1,322) and Receptions (Fitzgerals 113)

Darden: 46 receptions and 689 yards

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

At first I was thinking I was missing something but then I remembered that its 2020 and Im drinking tea with the Mad Hatter and March hare and I live in a time of pure craziness.

He's Pushing the threshold for records in Receiving but if he comes back, he's going to shatter them!

Career Receptions: 202 which is 2nd behind Casey Fitzgerald at 229

Career Yard: 2,281 which is 7th with Quinn being the leader at 2,718

Career TD's: 29 which is 2nd behind Ron Shanklin at 31

He's going to easily break the TD and receptions

With the way he's put everything he's got into the past 3.5 seasons, he absolutely deserves to be the record holder for all 3 and I'm rooting for him to do so.    Sure-fire NT HOF'er.
He got drowned out quite a bit with JG and Rico here, as well as Lawrence, but he held his own & was producing that whole time.   Now it's JD's time to shine.

With the way everyone looks back so fondly on Brelan Chancellor, I think we'll look back even more fondly on JD when his time here is done.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

With the way everyone looks back so fondly on Brelan Chancellor, I think we'll look back even more fondly on JD when his time here is done.

Two very different players.  Darden escapes contact, Brelan initiated contact.  Give me Brelan on the jet sweep and kick returns, Darden on pretty much everything else.

• Upvote 1

I'm w/ @Mean Green 93-98: I love them both!

Brelan had that extra gear that is so rare: unreal speed in the open field.  He could also be very physical and seemed to welcome contact.

I remember watching JD as a freshman and thinking, "This guy is slippery!"  Very elusive.  If you are facing him within 5 yards, he is gonna find away to elude you.  Extremely difficult to wrap up and gain leverage.

• Upvote 1