Unt @Muts gamethread

Udomann

47 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

There are zero consequences to eligibility, right? We need to use the rest of this season to get game experience for everyone. Including our stable of QBs. 

Agreed Matt. I don't know why we haven't figured this out by now at this point in the season. I will just never understand. Play those who can contribute and make plays ... otherwise pull them. This may prove to them that there can be consequences - with someone else playing instead of them. Just sounds like being disciplined to me ... Sounds like sports to me. 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

Obviously I'm only a couch football coach but this seems pretty simple to me. Play a safety and your corners deep so they don't get behind you, tell your LBs not to overpursue and contain O'Hara and just run the ball down their throat the second half. We should just bully them for a win. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Side Show Joe said:

Stock has been at MT for a long time. He knows how to make halftime adjustments. I expect Bean to have a spy on him in the second half.

I hope Littrell is ready to make adjustments too.

Yeah, I expect so too. But at least Beans presence forces an extra man s attention, which creates more space for other stuff.

Edited by outoftown

4 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Stock has been at MT for a long time. He knows how to make halftime adjustments. I expect Bean to have a spy on him in the second half.

I hope Littrell is ready to make adjustments too.

Bean is probably the fastest guy on the field.   A spy maynot be enough.   On the other hand, NT should definitely pay more attention to O'Hara.  

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

But, unfortunately, we still have to play on the defensive side of the ball 🤬

But fortunately they aren't very good either!!!

Pretty sure I said not to let anyone else get behind us though. Don't understand how this keeps happening. 

Edited by meanrob

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

And THAT is what Bean brings to the field that Aune never ever could...48 yards to the house!

I am likely wrong on this so please correct me: I thought Aune was suppose to have "some speed" too.

The difference being Aune was never really allowed to use his (some) speed by the play calling.

Regardless, Bean brings a different look to the offense with his speed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Professor Lambeau said:

I am likely wrong on this so please correct me: I thought Aune was suppose to have "some speed" too.

The difference being Aune was never really allowed to use his (some) speed by the play calling.

Regardless, Bean brings a different look to the offense with his speed.

He does have “some speed”.   “Some speed” gets you tackled by the secondary...track speed gets you to the end zone

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1