Depth Chart vs Middle Tennessee

Uncle

Some shuffling in the secondary. Alex Morris in the two-deep for the first time (could really use his hitting if we’re gonna rely on our DBs to tackle this much). Murphy twins missing from the two deep, two weeks in a row for Grayson. 

Not expecting much re-shuffling at the top of the depth chart going forward.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Some shuffling in the secondary. Alex Morris in the two-deep for the first time (could really use his hitting if we’re gonna rely on our DBs to tackle this much). Murphy twins missing from the two deep, two weeks in a row for Grayson. 

Wouldn't mind seeing more Jevin Murray, because even if he's minutely better at taking angles, that would help immensely.

EDIT:   Glad to see Stout is back and starting.   I left the game on Saturday when he got hurt and Charlotte scored on the exact same route against his replacement.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Got a couple true freshman starting. Maybe Littrell is starting to see these highly recruited young kids can actually play a little bit

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Got a couple true freshman starting. Maybe Littrell is starting to see these highly recruited young kids can actually play a little bit

Why are they highly recruited?  Because some for profit service seys so?  Methinks you give them too much credit and they in reality don't have a clue.  Me myself looks at offers in particular P5 and G5.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Why are they highly recruited?  Because some for profit service seys so?  Methinks you give them too much credit and they in reality don't have a clue.  Me myself looks at offers in particular P5 and G5.

Who's offer list is not inspiring you?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

No one in particular it's just I don't trust the rating services because they profit off of giving players higher rankings.

I fail to understand your criticism.  The two star ranking has basically gone away for any football players with D1 offers.  So the numerical ratings is the basis for comparison. 

That ranking is primarily based on who offers who.  I doubt most of the people who rate players, despite what they state, spend much effort ranking players below 4 stars.  

I don't know how a rating service profits from giving players higher rankings.  

That implies that fans won't look at ranking that give out poor rating to their team's recruits.  These services are just about monopolies, they are not afraid of losing viewers to other services based on their very rudimentary evaluations. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wouldn't mind seeing more Jevin Murray, because even if he's minutely better at taking angles, that would help immensely.

EDIT:   Glad to see Stout is back and starting.   I left the game on Saturday when he got hurt and Charlotte scored on the exact same route against his replacement.

Murray and Kealon Jackson are the two redshirt freshmen I most want to see more of going forward. I really think Jackson would be an upgrade over Burns and Murray was such a good high school player. Lot of highly recruited guys in the secondary and we can’t play them all, but would like to see him get a look if Whitlock is not going to start turning his head around.

Also would like to see Khatib Lyles but I doubt we do. Looks almost like he’s taking a second redshirt.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I don't think I've seen the Murphy brothers on the sideline the last three games. Last two for sure.  Also, I haven't seen Rucker and Kason Martin on the sideline in as long of time.  

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I don't think I've seen the Murphy brothers on the sideline the last three games. Last two for sure.  Also, I haven't seen Rucker and Kason Martin on the sideline in as long of time.  

Kason is now #80, plays mostly on special teams.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Murphy twins were there for SMU when Howell started over them. Rucker I think has been out the last two but Kason Martin has been there. He’s just wearing number 80 these days

53 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Am I missing something? I thought he was #3 in the QB lineup. 

Maybe Gaddie is on the same ST squad and so Kason needs a diff number for those plays? Proud of him for playing ST to contribute if that is the case. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Maybe Gaddie is on the same ST squad and so Kason needs a diff number for those plays? Proud of him for playing ST to contribute if that is the case. 

Except he drew a roughing the punter penalty to extend Charlotte's first drive.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Well that is what happens when you play a QB on ST! 🤣

But still pretty cool he is willing to contribute however he can. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 97and03 said:

I agree and should have included that in my post above.  I love that he is willing to step up where needed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

That wasn’t Kason. He isn’t that fast. I think they had an old roster. The player that roughed the punter was wearing 17 or 18. If I remember correctly it was Ogunmakin.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1