All 127 FBS Teams Automatically Bowl Eligible This Year

MGNation92

29 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

If all teams are eligible, there is very little chance we get to a bowl. They will go P5 heavy and only grab the G5’s that have a large following like the academies. But at least we can say we were bowl-eligible.

I would say that any priorities dictated by the contracts are still in place, but maybe not? COVID is changing everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

If all teams are eligible, there is very little chance we get to a bowl. They will go P5 heavy and only grab the G5’s that have a large following like the academies. But at least we can say we were bowl-eligible.

Plus it's not like who brings the most fans will matter this year with restrictions and all. So much for holding our breaths for an invite from the HOD or Frisco Bowl, etc.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Looks like Seth might get us to a bowl after all.

Wonder if we'll get smoked by 40 like the last three

Cringe Reaction GIF

I just don't understand the mindset of undermining the current coach. It's a ****show for sure at the moment, and last year. But what if the ship turns and we not only go to a bowl but win? Will you still **** on him? Again, I want to be clear, after SMU I was optimistic, but after Southern Meth I was distraught. SL needs to either right the ship or go on. It's sad because he is obviously good at evaluating offensive talent. We've had a lot of offensive talent come to us since he came here, and it is an integral part of today's game. I don't have a real solution, I just remember the (relatively recent) days where we couldn't even pass the ball because they practiced more blocking than they did catching. I won't hold water for SL, though. These performances are not indicative of someone paid like he is.

6 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I just don't understand the mindset of undermining the current coach. It's a ****show for sure at the moment, and last year. But what if the ship turns and we not only go to a bowl but win? Will you still **** on him? Again, I want to be clear, after SMU I was optimistic, but after Southern Meth I was distraught. SL needs to either right the ship or go on. It's sad because he is obviously good at evaluating offensive talent. We've had a lot of offensive talent come to us since he came here, and it is an integral part of today's game. I don't have a real solution, I just remember the (relatively recent) days where we couldn't even pass the ball because they practiced more blocking than they did catching. I won't hold water for SL, though. These performances are not indicative of someone paid like he is.

He hasn't beaten an FBS team with a winning record in three years. two of the three bowl games he's gotten us to have been blowouts, we were blown out in our only appearance in the CUSA championship. We've been blown out by every FBS team we've played this season.

It's one thing to lost by 3,7, hell even 10 points. We aren't doing that. I expect to at least be competitive with teams that are *supposedly* on the same level as us. We aren't. 

I'm undermining Seth because the results speak for themselves. Has he left us better off than McCarney? Hell Yeah. Does he deserve a pass? Hell No. He's paid like the best coach in the conference. He needs to start coaching like the best coach in the conference.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

He hasn't beaten an FBS team with a winning record in three years. two of the three bowl games he's gotten us to have been blowouts, we were blown out in our only appearance in the CUSA championship. We've been blown out by every FBS team we've played this season.

It's one thing to lost by 3,7, hell even 10 points. We aren't doing that. I expect to at least be competitive with teams that are *supposedly* on the same level as us. We aren't. 

I'm undermining Seth because the results speak for themselves. Has he left us better off than McCarney? Hell Yeah. Does he deserve a pass? Hell No. He's paid like the best coach in the conference. He needs to start coaching like the best coach in the conference.

Excuses will be made. It's why we're North Texas. My turning point with SL was pretty early... We were 5-6 and vying for legitimate bowl eligibility. ALL we had to do was go beat a very bad UTEP (I believe they were 3-8) team in the 2016 regular season finale. We lost. Not only did we lose, we got hammered by 4 or 5 tds. Completely unprepared to stop UTEPs 1-man show. It was SLs first meaningful game here at UNT. Since, I'm not sure he's won a "meaningful" game. If anything, his team's look unprepared and outmatched in most, if not all. 

• Thanks 1

Any team that does not have a winning record should say "no" to any bowl invite. Win or stay home. Don't care if bowls cannot fill their slots.  There are way way too many bowls anyway.  Win your way to a bowl or don't embarrass yourself or your fan base any more than you already have by posting a losing record by going to a bowl game you do not deserve. PERIOD!

• Upvote 1