The boys are back!

Udomann

The only reason we should ever be this bad is if we lose two quarterbacks. 

The year it all fell apart for Dickey was the 2005 season. Here's what the QB roster should have been for him: 

Andrew Smith (died in a car crash, August 2004)
Joey Byerly (academically ineligible, July 2005)
Daniel Meager (RS Freshman, missed spring practice due to shoulder surgery on his throwing arm)

So, we had to roll into the new season with an injured Freshman that missed spring practice and should have been developing as a 3rd stringer that year. That's when it all started going to hell. 

And that was 15 years ago, before a graduate transfer (or expedited "hardship" transfer) could parachute in over the summer and excel at a CUSA school the way we've seen during the Littrell era at more than one in-conference opponent like La Tech and FAU. 

This year, our starter is a 27 year old that's been in the program for two full years. The backup has seen action in 8 games and has two years in the program, too. Nobody is hurt... So, why are we THIS awful? 

So much depends on the QB, that's the ONLY excusable reason we should be bottom 10 caliber. If a unit struggles or injuries strike elsewhere? Okay, maybe we're mediocre or a game or two under .500. But Bottom 10 bad without a QB problem? 

And if we DO have a QB problem with no injuries or transfers out in year 5 under Littrell... We don't have a QB problem, we have a coach problem. Either we aren't developing our guys, or we aren't recognizing they have limitations and going out to shop on the grad transfer market. Whatever it is, it has to fall on the guy making $1.8 Million, doesn't it? 

I mean, this poll is one person's opinion, and much of it is an attempt to be funny, so we can't put too much emphasis on it, but sheesh.

With all of the massive improvements that have come to the Athletics Department over the past 7 years: from President Smatresk's hire, Baker's hire, economic windfalls from mega-boosters like we've never seen, and Littrell's first 3 seasons of serious success (looking more like a mirage now)...    THERE IS NO WAY A SPOT IN THIS POLL CAN BE ACCEPTABLE!

I think Littrell's chances of ever being "hired away" are all but gone the way this season is progressing.
HOWEVER, Wren Baker's chances of being "hired away" are still alive and well, and if he wants to keep that dream alive, he's going to need to do something quickly to rectify this situation.

Man, I recall being super-nervous, and then extremely happy when Littrell flirted with KSSt, but returned.    Right now, I'm wishing that hire was made so Baker could have found someone to keep this thing going here.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I have always believed in the Mean Green with very few exceptions - like Danny Mac, A. McNulty, DC Cosh, Bob Tyler,  - you get the picture.

i do believe in Seth Littrell! There is a strange effect on the team now. Is it coaching or the players or both? Look at the crap everyone is going through for crying out loud! 

i do believe Seth can heal the team and build a championship with the players he has. But let the players develop. Give the players and their coach a chance! 

I see so many degrading postings about the coach or coaches, the players, and the administration. IMHO this crap needs to stop! 

Support your team! Give respect! 

You want good players then stop posting all it the nasty quotes that are directed at some one or some player or some coach!

i am some one will post behind me with some nasty remark but that is ok - I can not help you with your dumb ass remarks! That is just you ! 

• Upvote 8
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

You want good players then stop posting all it the nasty quotes that are directed at some one or some player or some coach!

I feel like the team and our coaching are already doing that well enough without our help.

Not my job as a paying customer that the product is poor. I personally think the product we have is bad and my only real avenue for change is to vocalize the need for better, not to pump rainbows and sunshine up everyone's asses

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I have always believed in the Mean Green with very few exceptions - like Danny Mac, A. McNulty, DC Cosh, Bob Tyler,  - you get the picture.

i do believe in Seth Littrell! There is a strange effect on the team now. Is it coaching or the players or both? Look at the crap everyone is going through for crying out loud! 

i do believe Seth can heal the team and build a championship with the players he has. But let the players develop. Give the players and their coach a chance! 

I see so many degrading postings about the coach or coaches, the players, and the administration. IMHO this crap needs to stop! 

i am some one will post behind me with some nasty remark but that is ok - I can not help you with your dumb ass remarks! That is just you ! 

Ah yes, the ol’ “If it wasn’t for those pesky kids (message board) I’d be winning more titles” defense.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Mean rob -

i am not blaming the previous failures here at NT for our current state of athletics.

i blame guys like you and undomann for your remarks about my school and athletics. If it were not for guys like you maybe fans and recruits would come to UNT. 

Thanks again for you fine support!

Jerks!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • RV 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Mean rob -

i am not blaming the previous failures here at NT for our current state of athletics.

i blame guys like you and undomann for your remarks about my school and athletics. If it were not for guys like you maybe fans and recruits would come to UNT. 

Jerks!

At least spell it right... Geeze.

And you are right. I certainly take the blame for a bad football team. 

image.png.19a4a01500a525afcfc87a0359afbb75.png

• Haha 2
  • RV 1

8 hours ago, RBP79 said:

The statement is "Target On"!

I don't see a win in Murfreesboro this week. But miracles do happen....

We haven't won a road game since 2018, kinda similar to how the 2014 team didn't win a road game after going to a bowl game the year before. With us sucking this bad, and we still haven't played a road game this year, I'm predicting we get off to one of our patented 0-24 starts!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Mean rob -

Jerks!

I’m not going to get in a name-calling back and forth (besides being called a “jerk” is kinda cute) but Charlie, for the love of god, stay off any OU or UT message boards right now. They make little ol’ UNT look like a Sunday picnic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Charlie,
The people you're chiding here are the die-hards... or they wouldn't be on this message board.  Of course they "support their team", and "give respect"... where it's due.

The problem is, if there is anyone who is qualified to complain about the team when they are underperforming, it's not the guy writing the Bottom 10 article (who likely hasn't seen NT play), but these die-hard fans who sit through it at Apogee on Saturdays.
None of that means they've (we've) given up on the team!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Charlie,
The people you're chiding here are the die-hards... or they wouldn't be on this message board.  Of course they "support their team", and "give respect"... where it's due.

The problem is, if there is anyone who is qualified to complain about the team when they are underperforming, it's not the guy writing the Bottom 10 article (who likely hasn't seen NT play), but these die-hard fans who sit through it at Apogee on Saturdays.

That is spot on!

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Charlie,

It also helps me justify my liver damage and sleep better at night on my Scrappy bed sheets

12 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Mean rob -

Jerks!

Just...stop. The people on here are the die hards. Our comments aren't keeping players or coaches away.