Some Key Seth Stats...

TheReal_jayD

This is embarrassing. I have been the biggest Seth homer since day one... but this is a joke. You are a top paid coach. Have a top paid staff in G5.. top notch facilities. Unbelievable location. Win some damn game. I’m tired of excuses. You pissed away 4 years of Mason Fine. It ain’t North Texas. I see kids interested in playing here...then I hear they can’t play here... then they go to Texas state, ark state and la tech and dominate.. win some damn games or you and jimmy sexton move the hell on..

DF2A3BEF-AC72-4A12-971F-F104D941D46C.png

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is embarrassing. I have been the biggest Seth homer since day one... but this is a joke. You are a top paid coach. Have a top paid staff in G5.. top notch facilities. Unbelievable location. Win some damn game. I’m tired of excuses. You pissed away 4 years of Mason Fine. It ain’t North Texas. I see kids interested in playing here...then I hear they can’t play here... then they go to Texas state, ark state and la tech and dominate.. win some damn games or you and jimmy sexton move the hell on..

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Hey look it’s me and I provide facts that some people don’t like!

This may cause an uproar here but that record vs teams with a winning record looks a lot like Dickey’s. Sad but true.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It’s time to move on from the SL era

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

This may cause an uproar here but that record vs teams with a winning record looks a lot like Dickey’s. Sad but true.

Only caveat is what Dickey had to work with vs. What Littrell has....from facilities, to money, to support. Night and Day.

Dickey was racing against corvettes in a ford focus (or Buick.....if you will)

Littrell got handed a corvette but doesn't seem to know what to do with it

• Upvote 1

Littrell and his agent aren't the first to pull the wool over people's eyes. Like I've said...he and Sexton were able to dangle KState (I'm still not convinced they were going to hire him....but that's just my opinion) in front of UNT and threaten to walk unless they got more money. Most looked at a 9 win season (which we've never had a 10 win season) and go "well we have to extend him." So he and his agent were able to hold UNT hostage.

I got suckered too. Most didn't look at what he had actually done. Was it him or was it the HORRIBLE teams he was playing. Because even then....he was not only getting beaten by good teams, he was getting DESTROYED by them. Not even competitive. All he had done at that point was make us competitive. He still hadn't won the conference, won a bowl game, won a meaningful game with something on the line. He got hired at a salary and that salary should've come with the expectation that the program gets pulled out of the toilet. He did that. Now....if you want a raise and want to be a top 5 G5 salaried coach...you have to take us to the next level. Win something. Be a top 5 G5 team.

The timing for him was PERFECT. Arkansas would've finished middle of the pack in CUSA, the worst conference in America, that season. But like all things Littrell....what was on the surface was highlighted. It's an SEC team! 

A few years later, the trend has continued...except not only is he getting beaten and destroyed by good teams...now he's getting beaten and destroyed by teams that should be on  our level. The past year+ he's lost a lot of games all by nearly 3TDs PER GAME.

I learned my lesson...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Littrell and his agent aren't the first to pull the wool over people's eyes. Like I've said...he and Sexton were able to dangle KState (I'm still not convinced they were going to hire him....but that's just my opinion) in front of UNT and threaten to walk unless they got more money. Most looked at a 9 win season (which we've never had a 10 win season) and go "well we have to extend him." So he and his agent were able to hold UNT hostage.

I got suckered too. Most didn't look at what he had actually done. Was it him or was it the HORRIBLE teams he was playing. Because even then....he was not only getting beaten by good teams, he was getting DESTROYED by them. Not even competitive. All he had done at that point was make us competitive. He still hadn't won the conference, won a bowl game, won a meaningful game with something on the line. He got hired at a salary and that salary should've come with the expectation that the program gets pulled out of the toilet. He did that. Now....if you want a raise and want to be a top 5 G5 salaried coach...you have to take us to the next level. Win something. Be a top 5 G5 team.

The timing for him was PERFECT. Arkansas would've finished middle of the pack in CUSA, the worst conference in America, that season. But like all things Littrell....what was on the surface was highlighted. It's an SEC team! 

A few years later, the trend has continued...except not only is he getting beaten and destroyed by good teams...now he's getting beaten and destroyed by teams that should be on  our level. The past year+ he's lost a lot of games all by nearly 3TDs PER GAME.

I learned my lesson...

I’m not a fan of extending someone’s contract especially in a weak conference. There is no reason that Littrell should be getting paid that much money. A lot of programs do way more with less and we just fork out money like we have a bunch credit in a Fingerhut magazine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I’m not a fan of extending someone’s contract especially in a weak conference. There is no reason that Littrell should be getting paid that much money. A lot of programs do way more with less and we just fork out money like we have a bunch credit in a Fingerhut magazine. 

I hope Wren learned something from this as well...so next time he can tell a coach "thanks for what you did getting us here, good luck at KState, we'll be fine with the list of coaches I have here."

He has to have confidence in the infrastructure that's here now...one that can have exciting coaches WANTING to come here.

A few of those Sunbelt teams seem to change coaches every few years and don't skip a beat...no reason we can't with what we have with this program now.

Honestly, if we could afford to cut ties with LIttrell...do it sooner than later. I don't think we have to worry about that decision losing the team....he seems to have already lost them. He may do more damage to recruiting etc if he stays here....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

But.... but... this is North Texas, it’s hard to recruit & win here!

I can’t count how many times I’ve heard that since I started following in 1974.

We need to start being a blue collar team recruiting tough kids who want to play. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

As the highest paid coach in CUSA and NT being in the weakest division in FBS we should at minimum win 5 or 6 of our Divisional Games. 

Seth will get a pass this year and have next year to make his case. Everybody wanting him gone is dreaming. His high dollar contract and the fact Wren is silent ( what is he suppose to say to MGN) sez it all. 

I just don't see much turn around though next season. Seth better get use to negative comments....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Only caveat is what Dickey had to work with vs. What Littrell has....from facilities, to money, to support. Night and Day.

Dickey was racing against corvettes in a ford focus (or Buick.....if you will)

Littrell got handed a corvette but doesn't seem to know what to do with it

True but we don’t live in a vacuum and our opponents have improved their facilities as well. And if Dickey was really doing so much more with so much less, some bigger fish program would’ve snapped him up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

As the highest paid coach in CUSA and NT being in the weakest division in FBS we should at minimum win 5 or 6 of our Divisional Games. 

Seth will get a pass this year and have next year to make his case. Everybody wanting him gone is dreaming. His high dollar contract and the fact Wren is silent ( what is he suppose to say to MGN) sez it all. 

I just don't see much turn around though next season. Seth better get use to negative comments....

I agree that Seth will get a pass this year due to having to manage the virus and all the changes that has created, but there better be many steps in the right direction next year.  We will basically only lose Novil and Colvin off defense along with Tyreke Davis.  The one of that group that is the greatest concern is Novil.  I like that we have a couple of DT commits from the high school ranks, but we better be hitting the JUCO's to bridge the gap.

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree that Seth will get a pass this year due to having to manage the virus and all the changes that has created, but there better be many steps in the right direction next year.  We will basically only lose Novil and Colvin off defense along with Tyreke Davis.  The one of that group that is the greatest concern is Novil.  I like that we have a couple of DT commits from the high school ranks, but we better be hitting the JUCO's to bridge the gap.

We may not lose anybody, I think this is an eligibility free season for everyone.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Believe your right. But can SL keep that transfer portal closed down???

If we roll on to a 2-4 win season, HEEEEECK NO!
Anyone who graduates will be gone quick.

I think there would be a ton of P5 schools falling all over themselves to grab Novil or Darden as grad transfers.   Those two guys are going to be frustrated beyond belief.   Darden already is, you can clearly see it on the field.

Bussey is starting to look smart for transferring.... he just chose the wrong school.   At least he'll have 2 years living for free & getting graduate studies done IN HAWAII, and he'll get a Senior year next year to shine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bussey is starting to look smart for transferring.... he just chose the wrong school.   At least he'll have 2 years living for free & getting graduate studies done IN HAWAII, and he'll get a Senior year next year to shine.

Mountain West football begins on the 24th of this month so he will have a chance to shine this year too. However, if the rumors on GMG are true that he had a torn ligament and refused surgery, I’ll be shocked if he makes it the entire season.