Short yardage situations

edcollopy

15 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

Hey coach, since you’ve been here you’ve run the same ridiculous play up the gut in short yardage situations. I would venture to guess it is over 85% of the time that you call that stupid play. Never do we see an imaginary idea.  Anytime we have a nice gain that’s close to a first down, we also love to rush to the line and call the same smash up the middle for no gain. It’s 3rd grade play calling and beneath someone making your money!!  Pathetic. 

Let's be honest, he has no choice at this point. If he actually called something creative on 3rd (or 4th) down, it would likely initiate this reaction.

heart attack GIF

• Haha 3

Why not a bootleg pass to the tight end instead of running it up the gut time and time and time again on short yardage and getting stopped for no gain time and time and time agai8n?????  Could it hurt? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

Why not a bootleg pass to the tight end instead of running it up the gut time and time and time again on short yardage and getting stopped for no gain time and time and time agai8n?????  Could it hurt? 

Well here’s the thing. Seth is not a offensive coordinator, and it’s clear he’s not creative.

They couldn’t execute that type of stuff

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

Hey coach, since you’ve been here you’ve run the same ridiculous play up the gut in short yardage situations. I would venture to guess it is over 85% of the time that you call that stupid play. Never do we see an imaginary idea.  Anytime we have a nice gain that’s close to a first down, we also love to rush to the line and call the same smash up the middle for no gain. It’s 3rd grade play calling and beneath someone making your money!!  Pathetic. 

Totally agree. Getting stuffed on that 3rd and 4th down at the goal line was completely demoralizing. We don’t have road graters up front. Why do we insist on forcing the issue every time to no results? Especially given the fact that we’ve shown teams we do this consistently. Even a simple misdirection in those situations would likely result in the desired outcome because we literally never do anything else.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Totally agree. Getting stuffed on that 3rd and 4th down at the goal line was completely demoralizing. We don’t have road graters up front. Why do we insist on forcing the issue every time to no results? Especially given the fact that we’ve shown teams we do this consistently. Even a simple misdirection in those situations would likely result in the desired outcome because we literally never do anything else.

He’s already decided, no matter the outcome is, he is going to run it up the middle on short yardage situations. That to me says everything you need to know about Seth

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Admitting he just stubbornly wants to smash mouth every time in this situation even though we consistently prove we can’t execute it.

We run the ball well enough - WRONG - and we're good enough up front - WRONG - that when we go for it on fourth and one we expect to get it - WRONG - and I won't change that call - UNFORTUNATE.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Admitting he just stubbornly wants to smash mouth every time in this situation even though we consistently prove we can’t execute it.

Thanks.  I hadn't seen that.  The lack of creativity and admitting a weakness is maddening at best.  Brune was playing a drinking game on Twitter.  Every time we had short yardage and ran it up the middle he would post "Drink."

• Haha 1

Littrell on 4th and 1: "When it's fourth and one, I don't care, get two yards. We run the ball well enough and we're good enough up front that when we go for it on fourth and one we expect to get it and I won't change that call. I believe in our guys to pick up a yard, period."

Apparently he's basing this on what he sees in practice. 

I bet our offense can get easily get 1yd against our defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4