Jaelon Darden

emmitt01

19 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Wasted his great talent here. He’ll probably enter the draft, but he really should’ve left if he wanted a better shot

Wasted it in what way? By leading the nation in touchdown catches? By very likely becoming our career leader in touchdown catches?

Where should he have gone to not “waste his talent”?

36 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Wasted it in what way? By leading the nation in touchdown catches? By very likely becoming our career leader in touchdown catches?

Where should he have gone to not “waste his talent”?

Wow that’s good and all, but he plays for a team that is going to win one game and he is literally the only good player on this team.

Like I said, he should’ve transferred from this mess

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Let’s see what the stats say, just looking at efficiency-based stats. I’ll throw in DT too.

Completion percentage:

1. Fine - 62.78%

2. Thompson - 60.28%

3. Aune - 56.49%

4. McNulty - 52.21%

Yards/Attempt:

1. Aune - 9.5 yards/attempt

2. Fine - 7.56 yards/attempt

3. Thompson - 7.04 yards/attempt

4. McNulty - 5.83 yards/attempt

TD/INT Ratio

1. Aune - 4.5 TD/INT

2. Fine - 2.75 TD/INT

3. Thompson - 1.25 TD/INT

4. McNulty - 0.66 TD/INT

QB Rating:

1. Aune - 155.9

2. Fine - 140.7

3. Thompson - 126.1

4. McNulty - 101.9

Now subtract the plays where Darden makes a freak athlete play on an underthrown ball and tell me what you get.

And any stats that put Aune above Fine just prove that Mark Twain was right when he said “there are lies, damn lies, and statistics”

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Imagine what Fine’s numbers would’ve looked like last year if he had Jaelon Darden

Imagine what MF would have done last year if he hadn't been running for his life 8/10 plays.

If AA or JB were getting anything like the pressure he was under last year, this would be an even bigger disaster. 

10 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Aune or McNulty? Who you got?

It takes time for players to develop.  Especially after being away from the game for 6 years.  He’s going to be fine.  I’m more concerned about our heads.  This team never looks inspired and never plays with great discipline.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Now subtract the plays where Darden makes a freak athlete play on an underthrown ball and tell me what you get.

And any stats that put Aune above Fine just prove that Mark Twain was right when he said “there are lies, damn lies, and statistics”

Fine had Darden, and Guyton, and Bussey. You aren’t asking to subtract the plays they made for him from his statistics. 

If Fine played the exact game Aune played last night everyone would be saying “he doesn’t have any help outside of Darden. The Shorter injury screwed him. Look at all the drops.”

Also, the idea that he underthrew Darden a lot last night just isn’t true. Aune has been far worse at overthrows and miscommunications than underthrows. After rewatching a lot of the game, the only one you can really make the claim that he underthrew him on was the play where Darden stumbled out of bounds on the sideline, and even that one was a slight underthrow at worst. 

And by the way, I’m not claiming Aune is better than Fine. But God forbid he gets any credit for the passes he made or is actually judged by his body of work, and not just scorn for getting the job over Bean. Aune went over 100 passes in between interceptions, while Bean has thrown 5 in 64 career passes. He’s the best we have, and if that’s not enough then that’s on Littrell for not recruiting a better QB.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

And also remove the drops or misplays by White, Ogunmakin and Burns. 

• Upvote 2