The reality of it

emmitt01

Count me in the camp that Seth has checked out here. He is regretting not getting the KState job. He was banking on getting the OU job when Riley moved on. Or at least getting hired onto the staff and working his way up. Well what happened over the summer?  The Cowboys hired McCarthy, ensuring that Riley will likely stay at OU for several more years. 

I'm thinking that punched Seth in the gut, and he's checked out here now.  I hope I'm wrong, but this seems very plausible. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

15 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

For the record, I wanted to hire Tyrone Nix to be our DC.

I have no clue why people thought a DC from Kansas was going to be good for North Texas. I believe a major portion of our defensive problems are a direct result of Littrell's bad hire. Bowen has been a complete failure at UNT.

I didn't agree with the Bowen hire either. I looked at his coaching resume and it looks like all he wants to do is find a way back to Kansas. He came here only because Les Miles demoted him and he was looking for a payday. He is making 100k a year more than Reffett and the defense has regressed. I don't think his heart is here at all. It's in Kansas. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Count me in the camp that Seth has checked out here. He is regretting not getting the KState job. He was banking on getting the OU job when Riley moved on. Or at least getting hired onto the staff and working his way up. Well what happened over the summer?  The Cowboys hired McCarthy, ensuring that Riley will likely stay at OU for several more years. 

I'm thinking that punched Seth in the gut, and he's checked out here now.  I hope I'm wrong, but this seems very plausible. 

I don't buy this for a minute.   Coaches advance based on their record at every level.  If they want to check out, they would quit.  

Literall is not having a bad year because of his attitude.  He is having a bad year because he hasn't done a good job coaching.   I am not concerned with how much he is being paid, but I am concerned with his performance relative to the resources NT has available. 

There should be no excuse for NT to be at the bottom of CUSA.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't buy this for a minute.   Coaches advance based on their record at every level.  If they want to check out, they would quit.  

Literall is not having a bad year because of his attitude.  He is having a bad year because he hasn't done a good job coaching.   I am not concerned with how much he is being paid, but I am concerned with his performance relative to the resources NT has available. 

There should be no excuse for NT to be at the bottom of CUSA.  

No, they wouldn't. They aren't going to quit and walk away from truck loads of money. 

• Upvote 1

Reality:

68.8% of our roster are freshmen and sophmores which are also the players from our highest rated recruiting classes.  Lot's of players getting "their feet wet" this year which should benefit them if they keep their chin up and don't accept losing.

This year is a mess between the virus, new D Coordinator, QB coach getting fired right before the season and breaking in a new QB.  We should see and expect marked improvement next year.  I hope Darden, Novil and T. Davis stick around to enjoy it.

• Upvote 1