The reality of it

emmitt01

15 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Isn’t Seth a RV hire ?

15 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

no

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

Honest inquiry: why the hell does this question keep coming up?

15 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I would have bet my house.  And, I guess, I’d be homeless tonight.  

RV fired Mac.  Canales was the interim.  Finish the history, please.

Technically yes Seth was hired under RV’s tenure but most say he was a Smatresk hire and that RV wanted Meacham. Wren came around not long before the 2016 season but Seth has been on board for months before that.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I know its a dumpster fire but the D is our biggest issue. If we could just stop ridiculous long plays we would be 2-2 or 3-1. I think the offense looks good. However Special Teams is, um, well crap too.

Couldn’t agree more. Our defense and special teams are killing us. Defense isn’t aggressive enough and plays  5-10 yards of the ball. We rarely put our opponents in 3rd in long situations. 

• Upvote 6

He has no idea how to coach defense. He’s a Leach disciple and he cares only about offense, which got manhandled again by a non-Texan CUSA team.

Its obvious that our coach and his staff have no idea how to develop any kind of defensive talent.

Its all about staying above the Texas CUSA teams and hoping like hell 2021 goes better. Otherwise, we are starting all over in 2022.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

52 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I know its a dumpster fire but the D is our biggest issue. If we could just stop ridiculous long plays we would be 2-2 or 3-1. I think the offense looks good. However Special Teams is, um, well crap too.

Does the offense look good?  

They’ve put up 35, 31, and 21 in the last three games...and going into the 4th quarter (when it was already over in all three games) those scoring numbers were 21, 17, and 14.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

37 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Does the offense look good?  

They’ve put up 35, 31, and 21 in the last three games...and going into the 4th quarter (when it was already over in all three games) those scoring numbers were 21, 17, and 14.  

Good enough to win if the defense wasn’t horrible. (offense better with Aune than Bean, no doubt)  

Yes if we’re only counting points for 3/4 of each game (btw even more points if special teams played better). Those are enough points for a team to win more than 1 game if their defense is halfway decent and not giving up 30+ per game. (Last 3 games we’ve given up 65, 41, and 49 points)

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Good enough to win if the defense wasn’t horrible. (offense better with Aune than Bean, no doubt)  

Yes if we’re only counting points for 3/4 of each game (btw even more points if special teams played better). Those are enough points for a team to win more than 1 game if their defense is halfway decent and not giving up 30+ per game. (Last 3 games we’ve given up 65, 41, and 49 points)

For the record, I wanted to hire Tyrone Nix to be our DC.

I have no clue why people thought a DC from Kansas was going to be good for North Texas. I believe a major portion of our defensive problems are a direct result of Littrell's bad hire. Bowen has been a complete failure at UNT.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Couldn’t agree more. Our defense and special teams are killing us. Defense isn’t aggressive enough and plays  5-10 yards of the ball. We rarely put our opponents in 3rd in long situations. 

Actually, I recall seeing 3rd-&-long quite a few times last night... but they’d convert on them just about every time.

• Upvote 1