Is It Clint Bowen or Ron Mendoza?

UNTLifer

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I thought he looked like a solid hire.  Reminds me of Tony Bedford.  Sometimes, you're just fooled.

I hope one of two things happens. 1) Bowen gets this shit together ASAP, or 2) this guy doesn't linger for FIVE freaking years.

Dude needs to go after this year. And it’s time we change our scheme. It doesn’t work. 

• Upvote 1

Ref was better. Not much better but better. And we are paying more for this.

In 2018, North Texas’ defense ranked No. 41 in the nation in total defense and fifth in interceptions (18). The Mean Green went 9-4, 5-3 in Conference USA and reached the New Mexico Bowl, a 52-13 loss to Utah State.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

So let’s fire Bowen and make a statement! 

oh wait, Littrell doesn’t have the balls to do so or hold anyone accountable. 

Truth is Bowen should have never been a DC again. His numbers just didn’t speak to it and yet our fearless leader thought he would be a good get. Kansas fans were thrilled to get rid of him. 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

So let’s fire Bowen and make a statement! 

oh wait, Littrell doesn’t have the balls to do so or hold anyone accountable. 

I’m not feeling very pro-Seth today but last season he showed he would hold people accountable. Bodie Reeder knows, as well as others.

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

Truth is Bowen should have never been a DC again. His numbers just didn’t speak to it and yet our fearless leader thought he would be a good get. Kansas fans were thrilled to get rid of him. 

Lol he said that he was “revamping the defense “ all I see is a defense that is clueless and slow.

And the 3-3-5 is worse now 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m not feeling very pro-Seth today but last season he showed he would hold people accountable. Bodie Reeder knows, as well as others.

Littrell has already fired coordinators in an attempt to right the ship. It failed. Now his replacement has failed. It is time to hold Littrell accountable.

• Upvote 2

The defense actually looked pretty improved in the first half and received no help from the offense.  I’d peg this on Seth and the offense before the D.  They did crumble after awhile as usual.

Our minds just haven’t been right. Seth has been solid schematically and recruiting wise.  If it works out, he needs to find a motivator and somehow develop discipline.  I’ve been a defender given the elements, but damn. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He waited until December to let Reeder go. We all knew like week 4 that it wasn’t getting any better. And Reeder was the better of the two coordinators. Reffett needed to go after SMU and Houston obliterated us. 

8 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Littrell has already fired coordinators in an attempt to right the ship. It failed. Now his replacement has failed. It is time to hold Littrell accountable.

I didn’t say it wasn’t that time. I just corrected him when he said Littrell wouldn’t fire anybody.