***OFFICIAL Charlotte VS UNT OFFICIAl Game THREAD***

meangreen11

7 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I was in the Aune camp. I think this is on the WRs more than him. You pointed out drops everywhere. Maybe it’s on our WR coach. Filani and Harrell just had that juju together and it transpired to the players. Rico was a 2 star out of HS and he might have been NFL ready. These guys all have more raw talent than Rico did, but they are not polished as he was. 

I always like it when a player makes a mistake how it's the coaches fault, but when they make a great play it's all them.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That was so embarrassing to watch. No energy, undisciplined, bad at the sport.

I honestly don’t know how y’all went through the Dodge era 

let us not forget,

Rust

Moore

Tyler

Nelson

Simon

Dickey

McCarney

Edited by letsgiveacheer

14 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I was in the Aune camp. I think this is on the WRs more than him. You pointed out drops everywhere. Maybe it’s on our WR coach. Filani and Harrell just had that juju together and it transpired to the players. Rico was a 2 star out of HS and he might have been NFL ready. These guys all have more raw talent than Rico did, but they are not polished as he was. 

Plenty of drops but waaaayyy too many passes at players feet, behind them, etc.  More passes should be hitting players in the numbers and not forcing them to turn or go down for the catch. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Aune isn’t the problem, only second career start (look at his stats). Look at our Oline, getting killed. No time to throw and our running backs are weak other than Adaway, and maybe Torrey. WR, Darden is really the only one running great routes and catching the ball. Defense and Special teams play is just horrendous! 
My worry is we start losing like this the rest of the year and recruits start leaving! 

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I always like it when a player makes a mistake how it's the coaches fault, but when they make a great play it's all them.

Every player on our team except Deion Hair-Griffin signed/joined this program under Littrell. Technically he signed under Littrell but committed under Mccarney. If the players aren’t performing well enough, the blame is on him. He either should have recruited better, signed a better position coach, or gameplanned better. 

I do agree that the coaches do deserve credit for the things that do go right.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

We’re the worst team by a mile because our defense is possibly the worst coached unit in all of sports.

The mind blowing part is that we’re going to set season records that show up on the worst in a century stat sheet FOR THE FOURTH TIME IN BARELY OVER A DECADE!!!  I’m so sick of watching UNT field teams that don’t care about defense.  Can we redirect the football staff’s budget over to McCasland? 

Yeah, the defense sucks, but this team that is supposed to be all about offense can't score either.

It's not like we're losing games 52-45.

40 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Littrell wants out of here. He already proved that with the K-State fiasco.

Maybe he sees his best option is to force the University to fire him, take his huge buyout and go home. 

Lets run it up the middle again and again and again and again!!

I think you may be right. 

41 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Can you imagine how bad this team would be without Darden?

With him, NT is the worst team in the FBS.

Scary thinking about next year if Darden goes to the NFL or grad transfers. Everyone else returning almost all of their starters and us losing Darden would be a dire situation.

33 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

We’re the worst team by a mile because our defense is possibly the worst coached unit in all of sports.

The mind blowing part is that we’re going to set season records that show up on the worst in a century stat sheet FOR THE FOURTH TIME IN BARELY OVER A DECADE!!!  I’m so sick of watching UNT field teams that don’t care about defense.  Can we redirect the football staff’s budget over to McCasland? 

McCasland won't take them because he wants to win and not just collect a check.

On the drive home, I listened to the post game interview with Seth. It lasted about half a minute with no hard questions. Just coach speak, and no mention of defense. Littrell doesn't have a clue how to fix this, and he has probably lost the team.

I looked for Baker on the sideline in the second half of the game, but could not find him. I wish Vito would ask Baker what he plans to do about our dumpster fire of a football program.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

On the drive home, I listened to the post game interview with Seth. It lasted about half a minute with no hard questions. Just coach speak, and no mention of defense. Littrell doesn't have a clue how to fix this, and he has probably lost the team.

I looked for Baker on the sideline in the second half of the game, but could not find him. I wish Vito would ask Baker what he plans to do about our dumpster fire of a football program.

How on earth did you manage to listen to that BS lol

It is getting unbearable to listen to, and quite frankly, they should just cancel the coaches show because who on earth wants to listen to him get softball questions?

16 hours ago, Greendylan said:

The Seth Littrell era is effectively over, but due to money, it can't officially end for another 2-3 years, which means we will bottom out and finish last place in the division for a couple seasons and absolutely obliterate any credibility with fans/recruits that we had accrued from the Mason Fine era.  

!this ^^^^^

• Upvote 1