***OFFICIAL Charlotte VS UNT OFFICIAl Game THREAD***

meangreen11

16 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

They don't look like a competitive and well coached team.  Relative newbie head coaches "that look up to him" according to the TV announcers for the last two games beat the tar out of this team.  If money wasn't an issue he already be on notice that he is coaching for his job the rest of the season.

Littrell wants out of here. He already proved that with the K-State fiasco.

Maybe he sees his best option is to force the University to fire him, take his huge buyout and go home. 

Lets run it up the middle again and again and again and again!!

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

It’s been all night. Maybe I was spoiled with Mason Fine for 4 years, but so many drops tonight by receivers. 

It has been. Aune has been getting crucified on here for his slight misses but Darden had two big drops (loss still not his fault at all), White had two big drops, Burns had two big drops on 3rd/4th down, and Simpson had a big drop that could’ve given us a manageable 3rd down after a big sack when the game was closer.

Aune has been far from perfect, and he does deserve a fair share of blame for the offense’s struggles at times, but if we had a good defense we’d be looking at things a lot differently. People won’t believe this, but Aune is in position to possibly be all-conference compared to what the other QBs in the league are doing. He’s gonna keep getting hated on unless we’re winning, especially by people who wanted Bean to be the starter coming in.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It has been. Aune has been getting crucified on here for his slight misses but Darden had two big drops (loss still not his fault at all), White had two big drops, Burns had two big drops on 3rd/4th down, and Simpson had a big drop that could’ve given us a manageable 3rd down after a big sack when the game was closer.

Aune has been far from perfect, and he does deserve a fair share of blame for the offense’s struggles at times, but if we had a good defense we’d be looking at things a lot differently. People won’t believe this, but Aune is in position to possibly be all-conference compared to what the other QBs in the league are doing. He’s gonna keep getting hated on unless we’re winning, especially by people who wanted Bean to be the starter coming in.

A 27 year old in a weak conference....

• Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I was in the Aune camp. I think this is on the WRs more than him. You pointed out drops everywhere. Maybe it’s on our WR coach. Filani and Harrell just had that juju together and it transpired to the players. Rico was a 2 star out of HS and he might have been NFL ready. These guys all have more raw talent than Rico did, but they are not polished as he was. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

...but we have nice uniforms.

If there is one thing I’d love to see banished for the remainder of this season, it’s the uniform fetish talk. Folks, we’re getting blasted week in and week out. Until we can be competitive on the field, can we please dispense with how awesome the uniforms are?

12 minutes ago, Venson said:

I am just grasping at straws. I am just not believing we are being skull drug by the worst team in CUSA, which makes us the worst team in the FBS.

We’re the worst team by a mile because our defense is possibly the worst coached unit in all of sports.

The mind blowing part is that we’re going to set season records that show up on the worst in a century stat sheet FOR THE FOURTH TIME IN BARELY OVER A DECADE!!!  I’m so sick of watching UNT field teams that don’t care about defense.  Can we redirect the football staff’s budget over to McCasland? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greeneagle1 said:

I was in the Aune camp. I think this is on the WRs more than him. You pointed out drops everywhere. Maybe it’s on our WR coach. Filani and Harrell just had that juju together and it transpired to the players. Rico was a 2 star out of HS and he might have been NFL ready. These guys all have more raw talent than Rico did, but they are not polished as he was. 

I want to see some of these guys who had multiple P5 offers out of high school. Burns is a walkon with two drops and he’s keeping Kealon Jackson, who had multiple P5 offers, off the field. White had a bunch of chances and multiple drops and he’s our best shot at making plays when Khatib Lyles (currently at tight end), Loronzo Thompson, and Detraveon Brown all had multiple P5 offers?

I get offers don’t matter when you get to college, but it just seems like this staff is so stubborn at trying new options.

• Upvote 1