How Can UNT Athletics Make TV Money? Is there an NCAA FBS future without it? (Not saying this link is the answer for UNT, but for some it may be).

PlummMeanGreen

Super video in below link from the Fiesta Bowl featuring OU vs BSU.  Many of ours Top 5 favorite bowl games of all time.
•••With the huge UNT alums & fan’s presence in the HOD Bowl game vs UNLV in Dallas, can you only imagine how many Mean Green fans & students would have traveled to play OU in Tempe, AZ? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvrev.com/college-football-independence-and-how-conference-less-teams-can-stay-on-tv/amp/

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

The TV angle is very hard for us, because conferences have been setup in the last 10 years by the markets they serve. The days of Rice and UH or TCU and SMU being in the same conference are over. 

The P5 TV money is just gigantic, but the AAC has carved out a nice little niche from the TV money, as well, even if its much smaller than the P5s. But the rest of us are really just getting crumbs.

For us, the same problem we always have had continues to be that SMU remains above us in the CFB world. They get so much more money from TV and their alums than we ever will. I am much in favor of the MWC for our program, as I watched what it did for TCU, and I know that we would get more funds from TV out west to help with travel and to play teams people actually care about or have heard of in the MWC. But the MWC hasn't shown even one iota of interest in us and even if they did, our alumni have OVERWHELMINGLY shown they want nothing to do with the MWC because of the old Big West conference from 20+ years ago not allowing us to have our games covered by Sunday newspapers.

So, our future remains in the SBCUSA, where we have shown we can compete some, especially in the early days of the Belt, but its also proven to be really, really tough for us on the field, too, obviously. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

TV isn't our problem.  Lack of WINNING is the issue.

The only TV we belong on right now is Saturday Nightmare Showcase.

If SL was getting the results expected of a $1.8M coach, going 10-2, 11-1, etc. with bowl game wins, we'd have a chance at being attractive to better TV markets.  Yeah, CUSA sucks, but we're doing as much as anybody else in making it that way.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

The Mountain West is the only conference I would want to move to because SMU will never let us be in the same conference as them. I’m in the newer generation of fan and I know most my age want the same thing. Sadly, we have sucked something awful for most of the 30 years! 

• Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

TV isn't our problem.  Lack of WINNING is the issue.

The only TV we belong on right now is Saturday Nightmare Showcase.

If SL was getting the results expected of a $1.8M coach, going 10-2, 11-1, etc. with bowl game wins, we'd have a chance at being attractive to better TV markets.  Yeah, CUSA sucks, but we're doing as much as anybody else in making it that way.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1