This Weeks Uni

MrStrange18

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You all really think they are sitting having staff meetings over what to wear?  $20 says this is determined prior to the season, they snap some photos and then roll them out the week of the game.

I want to know that they are taking a hard look inward and figuring out how to win. I want to know they they realize we are a product of our habits, and continuing to do something - something that is purely for the sake of aesthetics-  as if nothing is wrong is a bad look IMO.

maybe the recruits dig this. It’s a fair point.  But we are entering a discussion where maybe giving the kids all these bells and whistles is counter productive. The ultimate goal here is wins and losses, not looking good for your social media branding efforts. I want kids coming in because they want to win, and not signing a LOI because they are afforded all these outfits and photo ops.

I don’t believe we are losing solely because of this. Of course not.  I just want to see some sign that we are resetting, recentering, and reestablishing what is important.

im getting old lol. It just seems like an easy first step. Get the team together and say, “hey, look. We are gonna take a break from this other stuff until we see results on the field.”

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

No, I don't and yes I am sure they probably pre-planned the entire season.  I still don't care.  Pick a scheme and run with it. When we're doing well, maybe it increases buzz.  When you're struggling, making a big deal out of what uniform we wear is frankly pathetic. 

Who's making it a big deal?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

No, the AD as a whole should calm quit promoting the weekly uniform like it matters when you have a team that is performing as poorly as this one has so far.  And that does come from the top.

Actually, I’d argue that when a team is playing poorly, the PR folks in the athletic department (or front office in the pros) has to work even harder finding ways to drive attendance.

See Major League.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

15 hours ago, CMJ said:

The weekly announcements from the Athletic Department.

Is every tweet about the football team a big deal?

In the grand scheme it doesn't matter, but I guarantee you that some of our recent uniforms have played a part in getting some of our recent recruits.  Just look at the pictures that the recruits/commits take in the uniforms when they've been on campus.  Spoiler alert, they usually aren't our green and whites.  The tweets are not only for the fans, but the recruits too.  I think you're just mad that it's a thread on here every week, because you probably aren't on Twitter.  That's just a guess though.  🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1