This Weeks Uni

MrStrange18

19 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

So, we're playing in shorts?  Maybe that's part of the problem...need to be prepared to play the real game not a shorts and pads practice.

Edit - didn't see Keith's post.  I thought the same thing.

In fact, IIRC, we got a penalty for it recently.

You realize this is just for pictures, right?? There aren't even pads in the pants in the picture.

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Personally, it doesn't make any difference to me, but many don't come close to covering the knee - usually anyone not on the LOS.  It's not just us.  Watch any college game.  I realize that during the game pads/pants shift, ride up, etc.  What I have a problem with is a penalty that can basically be called at any time by the refs if they *want* to.  That's not how it's supposed to be.  If it's not a rule they are going to enforce (or enforce at the worst possible time - probably against us), then eliminate the rule.

image.png.bf94c1b19815274cfc9ee6f602d7a2e8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

There was a tweet running around that we were only doing throwbacks this year. Glad that got pushed aside. Its nice to have options and these look good at night. 

People were complaining that the throwback unis were ugly and embarrassing to the program. We sure showed them with our play so far.

I was kind of hoping we'd be more concerned with winning than trying to figure what different combinations to wear, but hey, whatever. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

It’s the style or look that players like these days. Plus it’s easier to run not having a big pad restricting the knees. Players have done this for years. I believe at one time the NCAA had a rule against it but obviously it’s no longer a rule or being enforced. 

• Eye Roll 1

47 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'll go ahead and say it-- too much time spent on uniforms, not enough on trying to actually win a damn game.  Pick a uniform and stick with it.

I'm not even that old, but damn...get off my lawn with this stuff.

Couldn't agree more. I have said this many times, but we need to wear the Green at home, white on the road, and black on occasion.

Clearly the focus this season isn't all with them, but causing more distractions makes it worse.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I can see it now...

"Damnit son, how did you not know that a kickoff is a live ball and you can't let Southern Miss recover it?" 

"Well coach, I was thinking about whether we should wear the SOW or interlocking NT on our helmets next week...you know that stuff keeps us 18 year olds up at night" 

Or...

"Aune!  You fumbled TWICE!  You know that ball security is the #1 thing our quarterback has to value.  What's going on in your head?!" 

"Geez coach, cut me some slack.  My pants weren't down past my knees and I can't grip a football under these circumstances" 

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Seems like we have had better luck on the field when wearing black uniforms despite some folks distaste for them.

Some of our best moments were in black. As long as the Lane Train isn’t on the other sideline, we should be fine.

Edit: Black practice jerseys worn prior to 2007 do not count.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • RV 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You all really think they are sitting having staff meetings over what to wear?  $20 says this is determined prior to the season, they snap some photos and then roll them out the week of the game.

No, I don't and yes I am sure they probably pre-planned the entire season.  I still don't care.  Pick a scheme and run with it. When we're doing well, maybe it increases buzz.  When you're struggling, making a big deal out of what uniform we wear is frankly pathetic. 

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1