RBP79

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Just one poll I know but #113 is better than I would of thought.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/10/college-football-news-rankings-1-127-after-week-5

Bragging rights will be on the line as we take on #112 Charlotte next week!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I just can't understand how this team has fallen apart so badly. 

The lack of defensive depth due to the corona virus is killing us.  Being in a constant state of upheaval has to be a whipping.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The lack of defensive depth due to the corona virus is killing us.  Being in a constant state of upheaval has to be a whipping.

I agree. But the defense also has a major lack of size and speed in the front seven. They cannot get any decent push on the QB, nor can they tackle worth a damn. Yes, part of that is due to COVID. But bigger parts of it are due to poor coaching/development on that side of the ball--and we have seen that for many, many years now. Same with the OL, too...just not real strong at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I agree. But the defense also has a major lack of size and speed in the front seven. They cannot get any decent push on the QB, nor can they tackle worth a damn. Yes, part of that is due to COVID. But bigger parts of it are due to poor coaching/development on that side of the ball--and we have seen that for many, many years now. Same with the OL, too...just not real strong at all.

I would agree but I think Bloesch is a major improvement as our OL Coach.  Our offense is starting slow but the production is there averaging 32 points a game.  We never really had the depth on DL this year, but our LB's should have been a strength.  Unfortunately, due to the virus, we have been left shifting Howell to LB where he started against smu and then shifting a couple true freshment, Lee and Johnson, there against USM to provide depth.  We were missing T. Davis, Wood, Nixon and the Murphy twins and maybe some more.  That is alot to lose at one position.  Even so, they came out uninspired and that is on the coaches.