Charlotte

Big Z

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The UNCC QB Reynolds is gonna have a field day unless we bring pressure.

Unfortunately...can't blitz because we don't have the players that can cover the open holes for the blitzing players.  We don't blitz because we have to "protect" our d-backs. While the d-backs did look a tad better on some plays against So Miss (SOME plays) they spend way way too much time trying to "catch up": to receivers.  And, this is after playing 5-6 yards off the receivers at the line of scrimmage.

• Upvote 2

Reality check....

We have a very high probability of losing to Charlotte this Saturday night on national TV. Just 7 years ago, Charlotte played their 1st football season as an FCS independent. That same season we beat UNLV in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

These facts should not set well with any North Texas fan. Someone at the athletic department needs to answer for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

These facts should not set well with any North Texas fan. Someone at the athletic department needs to answer for this.

That someone owes us 1.8mm...

I get that 2020 is a crazy year and all that. But 2 bad years and a bundle of blown big games tell a bigger story

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

If we can somehow win this game Saturday it will be big as far as a confidence booster. The next two games are both winnable with a bye before UTEP. Then the next four games after UTEP go 2-2 we can have  6-4 season. Not saying it’s going to happen, but I would be ok with that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Big Z said:

If we can somehow win this game Saturday it will be big as far as a confidence booster. The next two games are both winnable with a bye before UTEP. Then the next four games after UTEP go 2-2 we can have  6-4 season. Not saying it’s going to happen, but I would be ok with that. 

I kept saying this to myself last season....

• Upvote 5