Direction and discipline

Even when this team was winning they played loose and undisciplined. It’s just their identity at this point. The second half collapses have now turned into getting blown out of the game in the 1st quarter. SL has never really put a complete package on the field. Never. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

While I don't really care if a player is on there phone prior to the game in the locker room, i did have a comment about discipline. 

I noticed something the other night that I had to double check.  We were caught with more than 11 men on the field on defense a couple times, but this one took the cake. In real time I noticed that we had 13, yes 13, players on the field and so did Abraham, but none of our players did.  Abraham ran to the center to try and snap the ball quickly once he saw, but our sideline called a timeout.  How does one of our players not know there are two extra players on the field?  I understand 12, but this was hard to grasp.  

20201004_220844.jpg

I see this as a positive.  We have guys who want to play so badly (feel free to use double meaning here) that we can’t keep them off the field😁😢

10 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

The players are never on the field during the national anthem.  This is nothing new.  The only exception I recall was when we played Army one year. 

When I played we were always out on the field for the anthem. That was back in the Fouts days though. Maybe we just needed out of the locker rooms before they collapsed or the crickets got us. Field was safer except for the razor sharp turf with lines painted on.

• Upvote 1