Direction and discipline

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So about 6-8 minutes before the game was about to start, I see one of the players ON INSTAGRAM LIVE! I was shocked and he was doing it during the coach talk! It shows how badly disciplined this team, and how bad the direction of the program is. Why do they have their phones before the game or even on GAMEDAY?????? Basketball is so well coached and disciplined and it shows

This is beyond insane. It’s clear nobody was focused, and they weren’t prepared.

All coaching even if we had 4 starters out on defense. Tired of this. Wren got faked so hard on Seth

#FIRELITTRELL

Link?

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I mean what do you expect the players to do sitting in the locker room while the National Anthem is being played and the silent tribute to social justice or whatever. 

Yep it falls back on Seth but you have to include Wren and Neil in that conversation also. Focus is not 100% on football and you can see it.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 10

6 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

I mean what do you expect the players to do sitting in the locker room while the National Anthem is being played and the silent tribute to social justice or whatever. 

Yep it falls back on Seth but you have to include Wren and Neil in that conversation also. Focus is not 100% on football and you can see it.

I don’t expect a player to be live streaming the coach’s pregame speech.   I find that pretty ballsy and hard to believe, hence asking for the link. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

33 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Hell if I was the coach, they wouldn’t have their phones from the night before the game! Mainly how they’re playing right now

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Discipline is not the job of the AD. Last I checked someone is getting paid 7 figures to do that. Any one of us could accept his paycheck and lose. Which is what is happening. That team lost last night due to discipline and preparation. Special teams specifically lost the game. The offense started slow. The Defense did all it could with little help. 

If a player was online before the game, I would suspend him and consider kicking him off the team to make an example of him. This team is dangerously close to the break down McCarney had.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

If I'm the AD or Neil S and I see a shit show being thrown out there...I'm asking questions..maybe they have and are happy with Seth's reply.

I asked, actually wife emailed, about the National Anthem and moment of silence BS and basically told not to worry about it...

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

If I'm the AD or Neil S and I see a shit show being thrown out there...I'm asking questions..maybe they have and are happy with Seth's reply.

I asked, actually wife emailed, about the National Anthem and moment of silence BS and basically told not to worry about it...

I'm confused. What did you specifically ask/email about in regards to the moment of silence and National Anthem? 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So about 6-8 minutes before the game was about to start, I see one of the players ON INSTAGRAM LIVE! I was shocked and he was doing it during the coach talk! It shows how badly disciplined this team, and how bad the direction of the program is. Why do they have their phones before the game or even on GAMEDAY?????? Basketball is so well coached and disciplined and it shows

This is beyond insane. It’s clear nobody was focused, and they weren’t prepared.

All coaching even if we had 4 starters out on defense. Tired of this. Wren got faked so hard on Seth

#FIRELITTRELL

I just wonder how you could see a player on instragram?  Were you next to the player?

Not allowing cell phones before the game on game days would be very controversial and maybe illegal.  Not allowing phones in team meetings, in practice or in games would be appropriate. 

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I just wonder how you could see a player on instragram?  Were you next to the player?

Not allowing cell phones before the game on game days would be very controversial and maybe illegal.  Not allowing phones in team meetings, in practice or in games would be appropriate. 

Well I was on Intsagram scrolling in my seats and I saw one of the players was live and talking to others while they were all talking and about to go onto the field.

Also, sure it would be controversial but the mentality is not there. Something has to be done by Seth

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well I was on Intsagram scrolling in my seats and I saw one of the players was live and talking to others while they were all talking and about to go onto the field.

Also, sure it would be controversial but the mentality is not there. Something has to be done by Seth

Thanks

I hope they were at least posting something about the game. 

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

In the original post you said it was during the coach talk.  So they were talking to each other about the game during the coach talk?  

Yep. He kinda stopped like 15 seconds afterr, but that's still during it. Just a mess here

18 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

I'm confused. What did you specifically ask/email about in regards to the moment of silence and National Anthem? 

Why are players not coming on to the field for National Anthem and what's the moment of silence all about. Guess they need to stay in their safe space.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Why are players not coming on to the field for National Anthem and what's the moment of silence all about. Guess they need to stay in their safe space.

The players are never on the field during the national anthem.  This is nothing new.  The only exception I recall was when we played Army one year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Not coming out is a good decision.  NT or college football doesn't need the controversy involved with who stands, kneels. or makes other gestures.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

While I don't really care if a player is on there phone prior to the game in the locker room, i did have a comment about discipline. 

I noticed something the other night that I had to double check.  We were caught with more than 11 men on the field on defense a couple times, but this one took the cake. In real time I noticed that we had 13, yes 13, players on the field and so did Abraham, but none of our players did.  Abraham ran to the center to try and snap the ball quickly once he saw, but our sideline called a timeout.  How does one of our players not know there are two extra players on the field?  I understand 12, but this was hard to grasp.  

20201004_220844.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

While I don't really care if a player is on there phone prior to the game in the locker room, i did have a comment about discipline. 

I noticed something the other night that I had to double check.  We were caught with more than 11 men on the field on defense a couple times, but this one took the cake. In real time I noticed that we had 13, yes 13, players on the field and so did Abraham, but none of our players did.  Abraham ran to the center to try and snap the ball quickly once he saw, but our sideline called a timeout.  How does one of our players not know there are two extra players on the field?  I understand 12, but this was hard to grasp.  

20201004_220844.jpg

The way the defense plays they need the extra...