Scotty Walden

UNTLifer

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

takes responsibility for a poor loss and apologizes to the USM fans for not having the team ready, makes them team spend extra time on tackling during the week after giving up a load of yards rushing

But did he mumble in an interview that they needed to get better at all three phases of the game like our stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun coach? 🧐

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2

32 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

But did he mumble in an interview that they needed to get better at all three phases of the game like our stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun coach? 🧐

It is time to ask: why is the team not better in all three phases of the game at this point?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

It is time to ask: why is the team not better in all three phases of the game at this point?

I didn't bother watching the post game after last night's debacle, but he literally says that very same thing every time he loses.  Not even sure why he does live post game interviews, just rerun an old one.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I didn't bother watching the post game after last night's debacle, but he literally says that very same thing every time he loses.  Not even sure why he does live post game interviews, just rerun an old one.

I quit watching his interviews and pressers. No point. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

On the radio post-game on my way home from the game, Seth put the blame on offense and special teams.  Said the defense did enough to win, as I recall.  He said they played bad football and said that’s on the coaches.  Sounded pissed and it sounded like Dave picked up on it and kept the interview brief. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

On the radio post-game on my way home from the game, Seth put the blame on offense and special teams.  Said the defense did enough to win, as I recall.  He said they played bad football and said that’s on the coaches.  Sounded pissed and it sounded like Dave picked up on it and kept the interview brief. 

We need people who aren't going to throw lobbed up softballs and starts to feel intimidated because of a grumpy coach. I know Dave is a radio commentator and asking hard lined questions really isn't his job. But we don't have anyone that will toe the line and demand real answers. I haven't really heard 1 hard nosed question directed at any HC of any sport since I've been following UNT. I think Brett would be the one to fill that void given he isn't employed by the University. Don't worry about that parking pass, Brett. If they revoke it I'll personally shuttle you up to the stadium. Go get answers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I quit watching his interviews and pressers. No point. 

I think I have watched every weekly press conference since he has been here except for this week.

When he states the team needs to get better in all three phases, I would like Vito (or someone) to ask: why is the team not better in all three phases of the game at this point? Why is the 3-3-5 the best scheme for the current players?

Here is normally asked questions like this: You had two weeks to prepare and I'm assuming those were good practices, right? Did the team have good preparation?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Who on that initial staff would you have replaced with Walden? Filani who was brought with Harrell from Washington State? 

I have no idea.  Never heard of the man until last night, so probably nobody.  I just like his energy, how he connected with the players, being accountable, etc...

43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I have no idea.  Never heard of the man until last night, so probably nobody.  I just like his energy, how he connected with the players, being accountable, etc...

Agree

Littrell walks around like he is Bill Belichick or Bill Lumberg from Office Space.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree, he reminds me of Brent Dearmon. If you have ESPN+ and watched “Miles to Go” last season, you’ll know what I mean.

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hmmm, who does that sound like? To me it sounds like a former coach who was honored this season with throwback uni's complete with his signature logo. 

BTW, can you imagine what Hayden Fry would do with those post game press conferences? Damn! 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, who does that sound like? To me it sounds like a former coach who was honored this season with throwback uni's complete with his signature logo. 

BTW, can you imagine what Hayden Fry would do with those post game press conferences? Damn! 

Got to stop living in the past.

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Got to stop living in the past.

The point I was trying to make (and always try to make regarding changing our culture)  is that there are still Hayden Fry-(ish) coaches out there.  I have always advocated that we hire the second coming of Hayden Fry and/or Corky Nelson. Both personalities worked well within our system/culture. One of them almost changed it. 

We can profile serial killers forgodsakes, why not study the profile of Hayden Fry and find the next up-and-comer out there.

Unless you think that our overall culture, as well as our sports culture, is doing just fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

22 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I don't think he was watching the same defense I was watching Saturday evening at Apogee.