Clock?

UNTLifer

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Has something changed regarding clock operations?  It continued to run while the chains were moved. It continued to run when a player ran out of bounds. We are getting homered in our own home. 

There were several in my section ranting about the clock operation on a play where one of our receivers (maybe Greg White?) was pushed backwards out of bounds.  If the player is losing yardage while being pushed out, the clock is not supposed to stop and the offense is given forward progress.  Seemed to be some folks that don’t understand that rule. (Not saying you are one of those; just an observation.)

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Has something changed regarding clock operations?  It continued to run while the chains were moved. It continued to run when a player ran out of bounds. We are getting homered in our own home. 

The times I noticed it the officials did not signal to stop the clock so it wasn't an issue with our clock operator. 

• Upvote 1

I noticed several situations where the clock did not stop on a first down, similar to the time that got caught when the clock expired.

I also noticed several times where after the ball was reset on first down, the clock was never restarted like it should be.

Edited by MeanGreenDan

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The times I noticed it the officials did not signal to stop the clock so it wasn't an issue with our clock operator. 

I definitely noticed this too, and I also noticed at least one time where the referee gave the defense time to substitute, even though the offense didn't make a substitution.