USM vs Tulane

UNT 90 Grad

30 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I really think people are overlooking how good our offense is. Take away those 5 drives in the first half trying to get Bean’s confidence up, give those to Aune to get settled in quicker and we probably put a lot more pressure on SMU’s offense. We were a yard away from 42 points, and the points we did score were on SMU’s starters. 

We’re going to score points, and our defense is not going to be that bad again (it better not be). The 2017 defense took similar lumps against SMU and FAU and they ended up at least good enough for our offense to outscore opponents most games, then became a good defense in 2018. I’m not saying our defense is on the same trajectory, but I also don’t think they’re going to look helpless against average QBs and offenses.

Add the 7 points Aune lost with that end zone pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I really think people are overlooking how good our offense is. Take away those 5 drives in the first half trying to get Bean’s confidence up, give those to Aune to get settled in quicker and we probably put a lot more pressure on SMU’s offense. We were a yard away from 42 points, and the points we did score were on SMU’s starters. 

We’re going to score points, and our defense is not going to be that bad again (it better not be). The 2017 defense took similar lumps against SMU and FAU and they ended up at least good enough for our offense to outscore opponents most games, then became a good defense in 2018. I’m not saying our defense is on the same trajectory, but I also don’t think they’re going to look helpless against average QBs and offenses.

Lol we’re not even close as good as the defense in 17 and they wasn’t good. Way to be optimistic. 

• Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

Lol we’re not even close as good as the defense in 17 and they wasn’t good. Way to be optimistic. 

Also not what I was saying. But people are acting like we’re going to give up 50 every week, or that a young defense has no hope of improving during the season, or that we should just hope games keep getting cancelled.

This defense is not devoid of talent. It’s filled with guys who a lot of other schools wanted, but they’re low on experience. It’s going to get better. How much better is a fair question, but it’s a matter of how much, not if.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Also not what I was saying. But people are acting like we’re going to give up 50 every week, or that a young defense has no hope of improving during the season, or that we should just hope games keep getting cancelled.

This defense is not devoid of talent. It’s filled with guys who a lot of other schools wanted, but they’re low on experience. It’s going to get better. How much better is a fair question, but it’s a matter of how much, not if.

If this team was a stock...I wouldn't invest. 

No, we aren't giving up 50 a game....yet. It's 48 ppg as of now. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Norvil should be dominate as Shorter should be. If they are not it is because of the schemes we are running and that needs to change now. 

Wrong with Shorter, right with Novil.  Novil is getting double teamed every play while Shorter seems to just disappear.  His body language is bad.  He has to learn to battle through the down times and be a leader.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I think we could beat Southern Miss only if we start the game awake. Abraham is good, so our DBs better be ready.

Now I did watch the UTEP game and their RB Deion Hankins is really good. Aaron Jones type, but then again it’s ULM.

Im worried for the rest of this season mainly the places on the road like UTEP and UTSA

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Maybe but it seemed like he underthrew it. Probably should’ve overthrown just for safety 

If I’m not mistaken, I think that was Darden running the route, so a 6’ corner high-pointed a 5’9” receiver. If he would’ve thrown deeper it would’ve been uncatchable for Darden. Aune threw the best ball he could in the situation he was placed. It looks like the play was designed to have the corner bite on the outside receiver going across the middle and leave Darden wide open for an easy touchdown. The corner played it as well as it could be played, he didn’t bite. If that was Darden out there, that was a pretty crappy play call to put your shortest receiver out there to do a sideline jump ball.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

The throw was about as perfect as it could be.  It was just a great defensive play.

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

If I’m not mistaken, I think that was Darden running the route, so a 6’ corner high-pointed a 5’9” receiver. If he would’ve thrown deeper it would’ve been uncatchable for Darden. Aune threw the best ball he could in the situation he was placed. It looks like the play was designed to have the corner bite on the outside receiver going across the middle and leave Darden wide open for an easy touchdown. The corner played it as well as it could be played, he didn’t bite. If that was Darden out there, that was a pretty crappy play call to put your shortest receiver out there to do a sideline jump ball.

The receiver on the opposite side of the field was wide open as I recall. So even if the throw was good, it was the wrong throw. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The receiver on the opposite side of the field was wide open as I recall. So even if the throw was good, it was the wrong throw. 

Yes, unless it is a timing route where the quarterback is throwing to a spot and it is the receiver’s job to get there. It looked like a spot throw to me because he got the ball out as soon as the fake handoff was over.

8 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

You are not mistaken. 
image.png.a864b88fa419f0bd52ea1446890655ac.png

• Thanks 1