MTSU vs UTSA

RBP79

🤔This surprised me......MUTS HFC Rick Stockstill is now in his 15’th year & his W/L in Murfreesboro is only .508— 91 W’s...89 L’s. 

UTSA?  If they ever got it together with their being based in a true destination city & with a stadium that could host a 2’nd bowl game (a la New Orleans), they could eventually move out of CUSA to 1 of 2 other conferences.  I think if we ‘Green’ers could swallow a little prideful dislike to their program they would make a mavawous’ travel partner; especially to 1 of those 2 conferences.  
I think most believe AD Wren Baker is a progressive thinker who will always want to put UNT athletics in the best light possible. This East/West conglomeration of schools called CUSA cannot last in its present make-up, but we just have to be ready to move up to better ourselves if there’s a conference implosion & not let others beat us to the draw.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🤔This surprised me......MUTS HFC Rick Stockstill is now in his 15’th year & his W/L in Murfreesboro is only .508— 91 W’s...89 L’s. 

UTSA?  If they ever got it together with their being based in a true destination city & with a stadium that could host a 2’nd bowl game (a la New Orleans), they could eventually move out of CUSA to 1 of 2 other conferences.  I think if we ‘Green’ers could swallow a little prideful dislike to their program they would make a mavawous’ travel partner; especially to 1 of those 2 conferences.  
I think most believe AD Wren Baker is a progressive thinker who will always want to put UNT athletics in the best light possible. This East/West conglomeration of schools called CUSA cannot last in its present make-up, but we just have to be ready to move up to better ourselves if there’s a conference implosion & not let others beat us to the draw.  

GMG!

Up to this point, UTSA has basically wasted every advantage they have over the rest of the Texas SBCUSA schools. You have a gigantic city to yourself, basically. You have way more media available to you than anyone else. You play in a destination city that P5s want to play at. 

And they’ve accomplished so very little.

But one winning stretch would easily make then a strong candidate for AAC membership and SMU and UH would love that to be their other Texas conference mate, as would everyone else in that conference as they don’t share in TV markets.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

I think they did some good things. Overall I think they may have better players than us up front 

Nah utsa looks good against really bad teams like SFA MTSU but realistically they aren’t as talented. If we ran a 4-3, oh man we would dominate 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

GMG!

I’m still wondering why he’s there. I guess they are okay with average every year

• Upvote 1

Surfing college football channels (& totally off subject to this thread) but...

“Texas last won won Big 12 in 2009 (which is the Horns 2’nd longest conference title drought in program history).” 

Without Google, when did our favorite school win an out & out conference title?  

🟡BEAT USM!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Neither of these teams looked very good, but both seemed to be better on the lines than we are. And, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Littrell should have done a better job of building our offensive and defensive lines. I think both of these teams beat us when we play them on the road.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, PlummMeanGreen said:

Surfing college football channels (& totally off subject to this thread) but...

“Texas last won won Big 12 in 2009 (which is the Horns 2’nd longest conference title drought in program history.” 

Without Google, when did our favorite school win an out & out conference title?  

GMG!

1994—SLC Champs

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/devin-o-hara/606

Not sure if he ever played a snap, but he showed up when Mason was a freshman.

Grad, did he ever go somewhere else to finish his college eligibility ? He is a big guy at 6-5 and seemed  to have had a stellar stats at the JC he went to.

Just now, Danish43 said:

Grad, did he ever go somewhere else to finish his college eligibility ? He is a big guy at 6-5 and seemed  to have had a stellar stats at the JC he went to.

I think he tried, but as far as I know I don't think he did.  I think he had some injuries here if I remember right and obviously Mason came in and did his thing so it was tough for him to find a role.

• Thanks 1