Breaking news (updated with story) -- UNT's game at Houston canceled

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to Breaking news (updated with story) -- UNT's game at Houston canceled
2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't understand how, having 4 guys out last week, we were able to field a team... but still only having 4 confirmed cases, we're unable to field a team this week?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're playing it safe this weekend,  I just don't know what the difference was.

THIS!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't understand how, having 4 guys out last week, we were able to field a team... but still only having 4 confirmed cases, we're unable to field a team this week?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're playing it safe this weekend,  I just don't know what the difference was.

I'd guestimate Wren & Co were perfectly happy not to allow 2 weeks in a row of 60+ points to be scored on the beloved Saint Littrell.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 4

I would imagine that it was the University of Houston that made the decision to cancel the game.

Their athletic department has been closed all week and is not accepting phone calls. Tropical Storm Beta may have also been a contributing factor, but they haven't released any details because their offices are closed.

You can call the U of H Ticket Office main line at 713-472-6647 for confirmation of closure. This is the number customers are directed to call on ticket confirmations.

***UPDATE***: The U of H Ticket Office CAN be reached at 713-462-6647 . They are issuing full refunds for their cancelled game tickets.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I would imagine that it was the University of Houston that made the decision to cancel the game.

Their athletic department has been closed all week and is not accepting phone calls. Tropical Storm Beta may have also been a contributing factor, but they haven't released any details because their offices are closed.

You can call the U of H Ticket Office main line at 713-472-6647 for confirmation of closure. 

Possibly, considering they've been cancelling all of their other games...  but you posted above yourself a statement from our AD saying: "... those positive tests left the football program unable to field a team for a game this week."   That would seem to make NT the deciding school in this case.

I swear, if SMU comes down with positive tests this week, they're going to turn around and blame us for playing them last week knowing full-well we had positive cases... and that's going to become a big story.

• Upvote 3

• Harry featured this topic