• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

21 PF Chrisdon Morgan - DeSoto HS Eagle

Three things...

1) Like I am always telling my oldest child, there is something special about being a legacy (attending the same school your parents did)

2) I love this kid's aggression

3) In the portions of the highlight reel where he is sporting the black and green Desoto uni, those colors look real good on him

• Upvote 2

Ronnie Morgan, who played from 1987-89 was also a McDonald's All-American. In '88 he finished as the number two rebounder in the country among freshmen.  He made the Basketball News freshman All-American and was a pre-season honorable mention All-American by Playboy magazine.

I am thrilled to have Chrisdon coming to North Texas.

His father Ronnie was an outstanding talent that was a team leader as a freshman and helped guide North Texas to its first NCAA Tournament. Ronnie had to leave basketball due to serious illness, but eventually fought through it and returned to basketball to carry his teams to the next two SLC Championship games. 

I just wish his brothers Ronnie Jr and J'mison "Bobo" Morgan had both played at North Texas. They would now be Mean Green legends and would be excellent local examples of success in their North Texas communities.

• Upvote 1

Chrisdon's teammate at DeSoto, 3* 6-8 PF Duncan Powell, has decommitted from Arkansas this month. It may be late to get into the chase for this incredible player, but North Texas would be a perfect home for him.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Duncan-Powell-140686/RecruitInterests/

1080x360

Powell obviously has strong emotional ties to the North Texas region. Why would he want to go somewhere where his friends and family will seldom (or ever) get to cheer for him, just to entertain distant fans of another school that will never know or care about his people.

North Texas has always had strong ties with DeSoto and District 7-6A member schools, and there is already strong representation from his district at North Texas, another already committed, and additional scholarship offers already out there.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1